Thekeplerconjecture's Cv
TheKeplerConject...
Sep 4 2009, 08:32 PM
GMC:er
Hi Pedja!

Favorite Artists:
Mattias Eklundh (Freak Kitchen/Jonas Hellborg Trio)
Paul Gilbert
Ron Jarzombek (Spastik Ink/Blotted Science)
Guthrie Govan
Chuck Schuldiner (Death/Control Denied)
Andy Timmons
Marty Friedman
Paul Gilbert
Devin Townsend
Stochelo Rosenberg
Bireli Lagrene

Favorite Songs:
Andy Timmons - A Night to Remember
Mattias Eklundh - Most of his stuff (particularly: There's No Money In Jazz and his Minor Swing cover)
Paul Gilbert - I Still Have That Other Girl
Death - A Story To Tell; Trapped in a corner; Perennial Quest
Devin Townsend - Deep Peace; Earth Day
Guthrie Govan - Most stuff (Particularly: Fives)
Blotted Science - The Insomniac
Jonas Hellborg - Vyakhyan-kar
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Necrophagist - Diminished to Be; Only Ash Remains; Advanced Corpse Tumor

Strengths: First and foremost, patience and perseverance. Directly relating to guitar playing... Not sure. I'm not particularly pleased with any technical aspect of my playing and consider my skills as much an obstacle as a vehicle. I often have to rework my ideas in order to make them achievable. I consider myself to be relatively good at "composing," but certainly not at improvising.

Weaknesses:
My weaknesses in technique are basic control-oriented issues. Alternate picking is tight up to 120bmp 16ths. After that it falls apart. Sweeping is something I'd like to pick up... Very weak in that area. I've spent the past few months focusing on getting my bends under control - Getting to the correct pitch within the appropriate amount of time and staying there. Still a little shaky but noticeably improved. I'm also trying to get my vibrato a bit stronger and more controlled. Theory-wise, I think I'm a bit ahead of myself. I think I'm intermediate to advanced in my understanding, but need to catch up in the real-world application of the concepts.

Goals: My current goal is to put together a progressive metal project named "The Conjecture." Won't happen till I hone some skills and get some chops. But I'm playing around with what it will sound like - I consider it a collection of "sketches" to help establish an ultimate feel for what the project is. I hope to have it released by January 2011. Sooner if I can. To accomplish this and be pleased with the results I will need to develop more speed (considering the target genre) and improve composition skills.

Here's my (somewhat arbitrarily established) approach:

1) Develop alternate picking speed.

2) Develop sweeping and build a sweep arpeggio vocabulary.

3) Learn and understand the theory behind solos by Death, Soilwork, Mattias Eklundh, Arch Enemy and Megadeth(Marty Friedman) as they all apply well to my current project's "sound in my head"

4) Work on improvising. Build on scale comfort & phrasing

If you think I neglected any area, please ask. Thanks!

-Bill

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TheKeplerConjecture: Sep 4 2009, 08:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 07:52 AM
Instructor
This is great Bill, thank you!
Feel free to edit and update your strenghts and goals as we go along.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:36 PM