Game Theme
JVM
Dec 7 2009, 09:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone in the know could help me out, I'm trying to write a theme. I want it to have similar qualities to this one. Any help would be appreciated, I am not much of a composer (or keyboardist for that matter).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 7 2009, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
The most notable feature of that particular arrangement is that it is simple theme development. Now when I say theme I don't mean the "theme song of a game" but rather a short recognizable melody and a similar variation of it for each of the four (I assume) measures in the progression. The more memorable it is, the better.

If you can make a memorable theme out of any scale, the rest will be a matter of providing layers of harmony as the arrangement progresses.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 7 2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I whipped out the keyboard but I'm so bogged down with latency I can't get anything in time. After playing around though, it is a pretty simple melody. The hard part will be getting a similar feeling as the morrowind theme without copying it.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 8 2009, 04:31 AM
Instructor
well, from what I can tell, they only used one scale on that particular piece. So you can do the same thing. Also they used a rhythm figure that repeats over and over, maybe use the same technique.

Start with the melody and then come up with a bass using some notes in the same scale. They actually didn't use any alteration nor modulations

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:23 PM