Is This Guitar A Smart Buy?, Fender custom classic player strat.
Webside
Jul 29 2008, 04:16 AM
GMC:er
I have a friend that have so many expensive guitars, that he must sell one to buy another one x) Evil circle..
back to topic!!

He wants to sell a Fender Custom classic player strat. (think that's the right name), for 3500$

I think this is a smart buy, 'cause this guitar will just raise in value. Am I right ??

Thanks Vebjørn biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 29 2008, 04:31 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Does it look something like THIS

I see their are Classic Players that are not from the custom shop which sell for around $800 US. The Custom Shop model is probably quite a bit more.

HERE is an add for one at 1100 Euro's

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Webside
Jul 29 2008, 04:43 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 29 2008, 04:31 AM) *
Does it look something like THIS

I see their are Classic Players that are not from the custom shop which sell for around $800 US. The Custom Shop model is probably quite a bit more.

Thanks man:)

But I still wonder if it's gonna raise in prize, 'cause it's a custom shop.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 29 2008, 07:26 AM
$3500 seems high, but I don't know for sure.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 29 2008, 08:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 29 2008, 05:31 AM) *

Sorry mate - I read Sterling Pounds, not Euro. biggrin.gif Either way that ad shows a guitar that's $750 cheaper than $3500.

Perhaps it "will just raise in value" for the seller if he gets it sold for that much.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 29 2008, 04:09 PM
Instructor
It's too expensive IMO. It's true that it will get high in value but not that high if you know what I mean. I think you can find reissue strats that cost considerably less and are IMO great sounding guitars.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 29 2008, 06:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think you should go for a strat in a shop...Its true that value remains the same and maybe rises over time for quality instruments but that price is pretty high..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 29 2008, 07:05 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hmmm I agree with the guys here, seems a bit expensive to me, it would have to be something extra ordinarily fantastic for that price imo.
I`m not so sure it would be such a smart buy, you may well get your money back later on if its pristine etc but I think you`d have to wait quite a fair bit of time for that?

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Gus
Jul 29 2008, 11:22 PM
From other threads I realized that guitars are quite expensive in Norway (as they are for instance in Brazil).

But if you are thinking of this as securing money, you will have to realize that you will not be able to sell it for this price in other countries... So I don't think it's a good buy. A good buy would be to get in the US and re-sell in Norway wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 29 2008, 11:39 PM
Instructor
I would say 3500$ is way too much. You can get great custom shop fenders on eBay for less than that.
It wouldnt raise much in value either, unless you keep it in pristine condition for 20-40 years.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jul 29 2008, 11:41 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:59 AM