Dynamic Backing Tracks, Allowing Members to Control Backing BPM
Jenkinson
May 19 2008, 07:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey Kris,

I was wondering if it would be possibly for us to create a way for the members to increase and decrease the speed of the Backing Tracks for lessons dynamically. Maybe a scrolling bar that increases/decreases the BPM, or a value input box for us to type our desired BPM in. This request is because, some lessons I need slower than the current available BPM. Also, with many lessons I would like to increase in smaller increments than is allowed, ie. I want to increase 5 bpm, but the next increment is 10 BPM higher. I could easily use my metronome to practice at the desired BPM, but I think we can all agree that practicing lessons to a backing track is much more satisfying/motivational than just a bland mentronome beep.
Thanks!

- John

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
May 19 2008, 08:49 PM
GMC:er
If anyone else feels that this would be a helpful feature for GMC practicing members, please let us know! Im sure Kris would like to see everyones feedback, not just my own.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 19 2008, 08:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't know is this is possible to do...Maybe if all backing were just midi files..but then they would sound not to good smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor
That idea is great but too complicated. As Bogdan stated, it would have to be a MIDI file in order to function like that.

Also I think practicing with a metronome can be satisfying/motivational too, it just depends on how you approach it. Try to look at it as a fun game where you have to play as precise and fast as you can.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 19 2008, 09:12 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
This would be cool, and id be fine with a midi track if it could be done. smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 19 2008, 09:21 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Its been discussed before- it'd be very complicated to set up and would take some serious know-how (apparently).

Would be cool never the less...

The way i see it at the moment is: I increase tempo bit by bit on the metronome, with lots of hard work, then when i reach the speed of the next backing track- i get to jam out and have fun! Reward for my hard work...

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
May 19 2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ May 19 2008, 04:21 PM) *
The way i see it at the moment is: I increase tempo bit by bit on the metronome, with lots of hard work, then when i reach the speed of the next backing track- i get to jam out and have fun! Reward for my hard work...

Great way of looking at it DR, I never really thought about it like that

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 19 2008, 09:38 PM
Instructor
thats a good idea but just for midi track .include mp3 backing track we can also add a midi backing track
for more choices

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
May 19 2008, 09:45 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
cool idea, but remember that practicing with a metronome is cool too, you can hear clearly what your playing so you can quickly see if you're hitting a bad note .. you can also use a drum machine ..
Anyway if it's possible i agree that it would be a great idea.. but midi backing tracks aren't fun to play with . :s

wink.gif

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:34 AM