Boss Me-70
tonyparnham
Mar 29 2010, 09:47 PM
GMC:er
I know there is a review on the forum for the Boss me-70 but it does'nt answer my query. Can anyone tell me if its similar to the Gt8 for example;
When you select an amp model and if there is'nt enough gain/overdrive are you then able to select an overdrive module/ box to increase the the gain of the amp already selected that is to say use the two together as opposed to only being able to select one or the other.
Thanks Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 29 2010, 11:01 PM
Instructor
On ME-70 you can use several stages of gain, like you described. If you check out the pic of ME-70, in the upper right corner there is a diagram of a signal path.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 29 2010, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Mar 29 2010, 10:47 PM) *
I know there is a review on the forum for the Boss me-70 but it does'nt answer my query. Can anyone tell me if its similar to the Gt8 for example;
When you select an amp model and if there is'nt enough gain/overdrive are you then able to select an overdrive module/ box to increase the the gain of the amp already selected that is to say use the two together as opposed to only being able to select one or the other.
Thanks Tony

Yes, you can.

Amp modelling and distortion sections are completely sepparate.
That's also handy when you use the unit through a real amp, to switch amp modelling off and use the unit as a pure Multi-FX. You can also set the preamp to act as an EQ stomp without the actual amp models.

And you can model an amp and add a distortion stomp on top of it. It also has a booster in the comp section, so you won't run sort of "boosting" options smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
antonskv
Mar 30 2010, 04:55 AM
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Mar 29 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Thanks Tony

Yepp, just as other have answered - yes you can. I myself have used ME-70 for few months, and its one piece of equipment i don't regret buying. I highly recommend it.

Only thing that i ever had problems with was the built in tuner, when i was using it to tune a bass, it wasn't picking the lowest string straight up, i had to use 12-th fret to tune lower E. Maybe Me-70 is not meant for the bass, so the frequency was below what tuner can pick up. But it such a minor problem, that i don't know if its even worth mentioning.

One thing i do recommend getting along with it is the power adapter. This thing does eat batteries for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you have multiple Boss pedals like i do, i suggest checking out pedals that have power outputs so you can use Parallel DC chord to power all of them from 1 single power adapter.

For example new Boss TU-3 tuner pedal has DC output, so in my setup its the only pedal that is plugged in. From TU-3 you can use this: Boss DC Parallel cable to power the rest.

For me it powers TU-3, ME-70, RC-20XL on one power supply with no problem. I'm sure i'll be able to plug 2 more pedals at least and have no problem.

I'm mentioning it only in case you don't know, 'cause i myself used multiple power adapters until friend of mine enlightened me about this trick. Hope you don't take offense.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Mar 30 2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the input the replies answer my question admirably.
Regards Tony

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:20 PM