2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Linkin Park - Numb (guitar Remix)
Socky42
Dec 11 2014, 02:07 PM
GMC:er

Tabs for guitar solos - 0:38 and 1:35 - http://full.sc/1zTz05C

Finished recording the audio for this back in August, only just got round to finishing the video! laugh.gif
First time recording in the dark, lemme know what you think!

Thanks to Cosmin for helping me on this!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2014, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Wou!! This is a killer cover and version! I'm really enjoying your version and I'm not a big fan of these kind of instrumental versions. Your version makes me want to hear a full album of you making this kind of covers! LP would be proud of listening to this one!!

CONGRATS!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 11 2014, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 11 2014, 01:41 PM) *
Wou!! This is a killer cover and version! I'm really enjoying your version and I'm not a big fan of these kind of instrumental versions. Your version makes me want to hear a full album of you making this kind of covers! LP would be proud of listening to this one!!

CONGRATS!!

Thanks Gab! I hope LP do get a chance to listen to it, would be awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Dec 11 2014, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
I came in expecting the original guitar with just the basic vocal lines played on guitar...

But this IS AWESOME!!

Looking forward to hear more from you cool.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 11 2014, 11:49 PM
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Dec 11 2014, 10:00 PM) *
I came in expecting the original guitar with just the basic vocal lines played on guitar...

But this IS AWESOME!!

Looking forward to hear more from you cool.gif

Yeah, i'm still experimenting with the title; it's tough to explain what this video is exactly. 'Guitar cover', to most people, just sounds like i'm copying the song without changing anything. But, 'remix' kinda fits the bill I guess. laugh.gif

Got one or two similar videos in the works, i'll post them here whenever they're done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 12 2014, 05:16 PM
Instructor
Congrats mate! I'm glad to have been of help! Looking forward to more awsomeness coming from you!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 12 2014, 05:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Love this song from the good LP albums of the past, nice cover specially liked tge beginning and 1:38-1:55

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Dec 12 2014, 12:49 AM) *
Yeah, i'm still experimenting with the title; it's tough to explain what this video is exactly. 'Guitar cover', to most people, just sounds like i'm copying the song without changing anything. But, 'remix' kinda fits the bill I guess. laugh.gif

Got one or two similar videos in the works, i'll post them here whenever they're done.

When they do this kind of stuff in their albums I believe they label them remix too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 13 2014, 07:05 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 12 2014, 04:16 PM) *
Congrats mate! I'm glad to have been of help! Looking forward to more awsomeness coming from you!!

Got more on the way! Probably won't be till after the new years though.

QUOTE (Fran @ Dec 12 2014, 04:46 PM) *
Love this song from the good LP albums of the past, nice cover specially liked tge beginning and 1:38-1:55

Thanks for listening my man, glad you like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2014, 12:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Dec 13 2014, 06:05 PM) *
Got more on the way! Probably won't be till after the new years though.

No rush, matey - got your message in the thread and I will look right away wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 15 2014, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Excellent version of this song smile.gif You also have an awesome background. Is that a view from Your living place ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 17 2014, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 15 2014, 12:05 PM) *
Excellent version of this song smile.gif You also have an awesome background. Is that a view from Your living place ?smile.gif

Yeah, it looks a lot cooler than it actually is. laugh.gif
Nothing fancy but it works.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 17 2014, 03:59 PM
Instructor
You know...my gril would love to have that kind of view from our window....it would take some time to explain how high it is, what happens if the elevator fails etc tongue.gif So +1 for Your video taste wink.gif That croping makes great overall exposure smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Nice! Where did you say you were living? And what sort of lighting solution have you used for the video? I like the way you have captured the view as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 17 2014, 09:08 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 17 2014, 02:59 PM) *
You know...my gril would love to have that kind of view from our window....it would take some time to explain how high it is, what happens if the elevator fails etc tongue.gif So +1 for Your video taste wink.gif That croping makes great overall exposure smile.gif

Well, I can tell you when the fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night, you'll be going down 30 flights of stairs in nothing but your underwear. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 17 2014, 03:58 PM) *
Nice! Where did you say you were living? And what sort of lighting solution have you used for the video? I like the way you have captured the view as well biggrin.gif

I live in Manchester, it's just a small studio apartment - bedroom, kitchen all in one room. That picture is pretty much half the apartment. It's like the size of a hotel room, easily enough for 1 person.

For lighting, I forgot to charge my camera light, so I used a desk lamp coming from the side. If I did have it working, I would've used it to light the fretboard better, you can't even see it on some shots.

Only challenge was making sure the inside wasn't brighter than the outside cause I didn't want the window to reflect back the camera and stuff.

Honestly though, the camera lens took care of the low-light for me. Even if I didn't use lights I'd still have something usable, maybe a little noisy. I used a Sigma 50mm f/1.4; just look for anything with aperture f/1.4 or lower and you'll be set. I'm pretty sure Sigma is one of the cheapest 3rd party lens makers, really cheap compared to the regular canon lenses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Dec 17 2014, 09:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Man what a nice video! Nice playing! I've never listened to them but I appreciate this song. Great job man!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 17 2014, 11:23 PM
Can't believe it actually happened...

R.I.P inbox. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Dec 17 2014, 08:28 PM) *
Man what a nice video! Nice playing! I've never listened to them but I appreciate this song. Great job man!

Thanks man, appreciate it! I've not listened to them in years either; tastes change and all that.

This post has been edited by Socky42: Dec 18 2014, 03:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 18 2014, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Congrats man!! Well, Chester did a nice thing, but hey, he had a reason to, if you ask me wink.gif

About the filming setup - hah, you actually managed to get great quality, without too much fuss or gear. Great! I currently own just my GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition cam. I haven't yet experimented that much with it, but still, I will have more time during the Christmas holidays to see what it can do - I am curious about the slow motion effect biggrin.gif Have you seen this?

+Quote Post
Socky42
Dec 22 2014, 01:36 AM
It didn't really do a lot for my views or anything but the fact someone from the band saw it is good enough for me!

Before I got my DSLR, I looked into getting a GoPro since you can attach it to the headstock and be a lot more creative with shots. But the whole not having a screen to monitor your shot thing put me off. (I know you can buy an add-on for it)

It takes me like 30 minutes just to get the framing right, couldn't imagine doing it without a screen - Wouldn't wanna record hours of footage then find out I only filmed the ceiling. laugh.gif

Slo-mo definitely sounds interesting though; good way to differentiate your videos from the rest of the pack.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 22 2014, 10:14 AM
Instructor
Well, I use my smart phone for monitoring - it goes a bit slower, but it does the job for certain and I am also looking forward on getting the proprietary monitor - at least to borrow one in the first place, in order to see how it works.

I think that GoPro is definitely more musician friendly - I for one can't really communicate with a DSLR biggrin.gif Lucky me, I have many skilled friends that will help everytime tongue.gif About the thing that the video was viewed by someone from the band - that's very cool man - I felt the same when my videos were shared and commented on by members of Dead Letter Circus or Sevendust biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 22 2014, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Some people say "I can die now" after having such an activity from a band itself biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:00 PM