Deminds, inspiration
deminds
Sep 29 2014, 02:56 AM
GMC:er
I am self-taught guitar studio from 2 of years, I'm Italian, I have an acoustic guitar and an electric Cruzer. I like to sing and try writing music, I listen to everything but I love radiohead, muse, beatles, rolling stones, and as a guitarist I really like Al di Meola, Bireli Lagrene and Malmsteen. I hope to find a group to play in local

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 29 2014, 03:11 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Deminds & welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 29 2014, 06:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC! See you around the forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2014, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to GMC! Great to find your introduction here! Do you have some ideas recorded? I'm now curious! smile.gif

I love composing, I'm all the time creating new music, for my band, for GMC, just for fun. I don't feel complete if I don't create besides of play guitar. I always take my cellphone everywhere ready to record to be sure to archive all the melodies that my mind suggest and that I like. Then, I work on this stuff using Cubase and VST instruments.

I would like to share with you some stuff that I wrote in another post about my approaches to composition:

I basically have 3 main modes to create music with their own pros and cons. Let me explain them:

Mode 1: Ideas library

In this mode I compose a melody or short idea that works as the release of a song.

- I search for a place that is not where I usually work or practice. A different place, that gets me out from distractions. I took a guitar that helps me to play along with my voice, if possible a guitar that I don't use very often.
- I start creating melodies with my voice over some progressions being played on guitar.
- Every time I heard something that I like, I record it to avoid forgetting the idea. I use my cellphone for it.
- In this way I create my library of ideas.
- Organize this ideas on different folders using different criteria to being able to find them later when you need an specific feeling.

Pros of this method:
- Ideas totally genuine and original, that comes from our own personality. Quality.
- Big amount of ideas. Quantity.
- I start the song from its "soul".
- It's soul is clear at first.

Cons of this one:
- Sometimes it's tricky to develop the idea to get a the song completed.

Mode 2: Sculptor technique

Using a software that allows me to record multitrack audio I start to accumulate ideas in different layers. Each new idea suggests the next one. After many layers I get something similar to the virgin wood that a sculptor has before he starts working on it to get the final shape. In this method, I believe that starting with not very outstanding ideas, I can get stuff that would have appeared if I would have done the whole process of recording layers and layers. Another way to define this second mode is as a summation of unclear ideas that give shape to a song.

-----------------------------------------------

Modes 1 and 2 can be inpired by:
- Situation of life: feeling, love, anger.
- Reading, a book, an article, newspaper.
- Song, album, show.
- Video clip, movie.

Tricks to avoid repeating the similar ideas:
- Using an instrument that you don't know how to play the chord, scale, etc. This avoids you to play the same things over and over. You will try different combination of notes.
- Using your voice instead of your instrument.

Mode 3: Direct inspiration (Analysis - Re-creation)

- I analyze many songs, compare them and then write down a list of concepts and criteria that work on a music style and use them / re-create them to compose new music.

Pros:
- This method is very effective when you need to create music on a specific style. This usually happens when you have to compose as a job.
- Fast high quality composition. It's a very fluently and fluid method.
- You can get genuine music if you re-create the concepts learnt.

Ok mate, I hope that this gives you more ideas to compose!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2014, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome to GMC smile.gif It looks like Gabriel has already told you about three great ways in which you can REALLY boost up your creative skills. Creation is not such a random act as it may seem - the idea comes to life inside of your heart and mind, but the knowledge and approaches you master, will take it to the utmost level and revealing its uniqueness and beauty.

I would be curious to hear some of your playing and ideas and maybe we could help you with hints on developing them further, if you would like that, of course smile.gif The more you tell us about your musical endeavors, goals and realizations so far, the more we can be able to help smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM