3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
To All Instructors, Weak points, hard stuff for them
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 03:46 PM
GMC:er
Jose, you mentioned why you can`t play this above 140bmp, your mind has block to it! The reason is if you think you can not do something, then you really can`t. Our mind is powerful tool, and I`m sure you can play it somewhere around 180 with right attitude! smile.gif Also you did 220 and 240 (160 tr.) bpm lessons so it should be pretty easy for you.

But pattern is tricky, requires a lot of pinky use. Thanks, I like those exercises!

Interesting what Emir and Muris will say about this one. btw Muris bring us some scary stuff! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 21 2009, 03:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
May 21 2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 21 2009, 10:46 AM) *
Jose, you mentioned why you can`t play this above 140bmp, your mind has block to it! The reason is if you think you can not do something, then you really can`t. Our mind is powerful tool, and I`m sure you can play it somewhere around 180 with right attitude! smile.gif Also you did 220 and 240 (160 tr.) bpm lessons so it should be pretty easy for you.

But pattern is tricky, requires a lot of pinky use. Thanks, I like those exercises!

Interesting what Emir and Muris will say about this one. btw Muris bring us some scary stuff! biggrin.gif

I don't know why this pattern messes me up, and there is this variation, going up and down the same notes in octaves, even harder, might be the same as Emir's Pattern, maybe intermediate players can tackle this one like it was nothing

--15-12---------------------------------------------------------------12-15-12----
---------13-12------------------------------------------------12-13---------------
------------------12-9----------------------------------9-12----------------------
-------------------------10-9----------------------9-10---------------------------
-------------------------------10-7---------7--10---------------------------------
-------------------------------------8-7-8----------------------------------------

The problem is the rhythm displacement, my mind can't work with those accents at those positions at higher speeds, and gets lost. I've highlighted where the accents are so everyone can understand what I mean.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sted @ May 21 2009, 03:38 PM) *
John Wheatcroft was your teacher? I'm sure he is from Merseyside somewhere, small world!

He has some north Scotland accent.

QUOTE (Jose Mena @ May 21 2009, 04:21 PM) *
I don't know why this pattern messes me up, and there is this variation, going up and down the same notes in octaves, even harder, might be the same as Emir's Pattern, maybe intermediate players can tackle this one like it was nothing

--15-12---------------------------------------------------------------12-15-12----
---------13-12------------------------------------------------12-13---------------
------------------12-9----------------------------------9-12----------------------
-------------------------10-9----------------------9-10---------------------------
-------------------------------10-7---------7--10---------------------------------
-------------------------------------8-7-8----------------------------------------

The problem is the rhythm displacement, my mind can't work with those accents at those positions at higher speeds, and gets lost. I've highlighted where the accents are so everyone can understand what I mean.

You see things like that happen to you as well smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 04:32 PM
Cool sounding pattern you got here! Btw descending part is very easy for me, but accentuate ascending part right is another story.
How fast you can play this? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 21 2009, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
May 21 2009, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 11:27 AM) *
You see things like that happen to you as well smile.gif

I guess to everyone, is this pattern easy for you?

QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 21 2009, 11:32 AM) *
Cool sounding pattern you got here! Btw descending part is very easy for me, but accentuate ascending part right is another story.
How fast you can play this? biggrin.gif

Don't know maybe 150.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 21 2009, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ May 21 2009, 04:45 PM) *
I guess to everyone, is this pattern easy for you?

Yes pretty much I have just tried it. accents are on normal groups of four.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
May 21 2009, 05:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ May 21 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Yes pretty much I have just tried it. accents are on normal groups of four.

As AlexLion says, the tricky part is going back up, because the accent is weird, at least for me

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 21 2009, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ May 21 2009, 09:07 AM) *
I see, I tried the pattern it looks simpler than it
It is all 16th notes. all alternate picking, if I have to play it, I do some legato, I cannot alternate pick this one above 140 bpm (I haven't actually measured it just an estimate). Rhythm displacement happens here that is why what seems to be a repetitive pattern feels weird.

--15-12------------12-15-12----------12-15-12-----------------
--------13-12-13------------13-12-13----------13-12-----------
--------------------------------------------------------------

That is a beautiful rhythm. Myself, it comes natural to. I deserve one easy thing once in a awhile (Hot's exercise is not one of those). Muris uses that rhythm in the second part of his tapping on his early lesson, Beginner-Intermediate Solo. If you listen to an old Eric Clapton song, the solo at the end, you hear it also, "Let it Rain". Although on both the rhythm is on 3 notes repetitively, not the 4 note pattern. I believe you are talking about the same rhythm though, or just about. On the 3 note patterns it repeats itself every 96 notes, not every 16 as in this 4 note example. Or so it seems to me.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 21 2009, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 21 2009, 05:31 PM
Off top: Fkalich your avatar is hilarious! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 21 2009, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 21 2009, 11:31 AM) *
Off top: Fkalich your avatar is hilarious! laugh.gif

Thanks. All 8 of mine are like that, they might as well be armed. I felt bad for the little bunny rabbit I found on my porch last night. If they had guns, at least it would have been painless.

Regarding what I said about Jose's rhythm, I think it is the same as in the second part of section 5 of this Muris lession, only it is done with 3 notes here. I think Thin Lizzy used it also a lot. I know Clapton did. Clapton had great rhythm.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ermediate-solo/

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
May 22 2009, 06:20 AM
Instructor
My weakness besides my mediocre legato, is the ability to play groups of notes that are even numbers.

Down thru the years most of the licks i have composed and use daily forever are odd numbered groupings, I.E. 3,5,7,9,11,13...and some 15's. These serve me well but unless your playing in odd time signatures or grouping them in 16th/16th trip combinations within the context of normal time signatures (4/4, 6/8) for example, all my licks are not subdividing the measure in a normal way and have a tendency to sound like pickup notes in the middle of a measure.

I think this stems from the fact that when i was learning there was things that i couldnt play all together at a relatively fast pace, so i would break them up with pauses inbetween. And as time went by those pauses between groupings were more pronounced.

I guess i one hand its a flaw in my playing, but in another way its part of my style as a player.

When trying to incorporate straight groupings of 2,4,6,8 etc and so forth...i can do it now but i am not able to achieve the speed of the odd groupings because my brain wants to either have one more note, or 1 less note.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:05 PM