Ngd Hotone Mini Noise Gate
Todd Simpson
May 14 2015, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
I just got this and I've already ditched my much loved MXR smart gate. This thing is tiny tiny tiny. But somehow is more sensitive than my fave gate. It's got a main knob on top for how much gain and then a little push switch that enables a sort of parametric eq for cutting certain frequencies that are problematic. I've also been using it as a sort of parametic eq for tightening up the sound just like a would use a tube screamer or an actual parametric eq. Going to do a vid very soon!
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 15 2015, 01:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Do you usually use a gate when you use your 11-rack?

I was considering a gate as well as a physical EQ but I didn't know if it would be any better than what's already built it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2015, 02:36 AM
ALWAYS!! The gate on the 11 rack is my least fave thing about the unit. It's only got two controls and it's a big ham fisted IMHO. It feels like a "Vintage" gate in that way. I have a complex gain structure going so I need some tweak on the gate. I use the on board gate and then supplement with an outboard gate guitar>gate>11 rack.

I have LOVED the MXR Gate and then today I was like WOW with this little bitt gate that is about one quarter of the size. It's got an on board parametric eq thing to help tweak it and it's very delicate in how it clamps down but very strong. Nothing gets through that you don't want. I never heard of this brand until I saw NITA STRAUSS (ex iron maidens) using them and I got curious about them. smile.gif

Here is a picture for scale. The left is my old gate the right is one of the hotone pedals.
Attached Image

QUOTE (Chris S. @ May 14 2015, 08:09 PM) *
Do you usually use a gate when you use your 11-rack?

I was considering a gate as well as a physical EQ but I didn't know if it would be any better than what's already built it.

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 15 2015, 03:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Is that just a prototype?

I tried searching for one but the only thing that came up was a link to this thread tongue.gif

EDIT:

Found them biggrin.gif

You really can't beat the price either - I'm really digging their analog chorus as well.

This post has been edited by Chris S.: May 15 2015, 03:44 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 15 2015, 09:42 AM
Is that eq audible?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 16 2015, 03:33 PM
The NOISE GATE and HARMONY were just introduced at this past NAMM convention so they are really new. They should be available everywhere soon and they are quite affordable which is a big switch from my usual fetish with things like PROTONE pedals which cost more than my 11 RACK smile.gif

The Harmony is very spiff so far. It can work almost like a chorus pedal, or an octave pedal, or a detune pedal, all in one tiny little box that takes up the space of a 9 volt battery smile.gif Here is a quick vid I did with my cell phone. I"m also using the "soul press" which is a tiny wah pedal smile.gif The amp is the HEART ATTACK which has it's own FX loop!

QUOTE (Chris S. @ May 14 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Is that just a prototype?

I tried searching for one but the only thing that came up was a link to this thread tongue.gif

EDIT:

Found them biggrin.gif

You really can't beat the price either - I'm really digging their analog chorus as well.

Yup smile.gif It works great with the micro high gain head to trim the bass back a bit and prevent high gain mud. Also, it's the most sensitive gate I've tried yet which was shocking as I thought I'd tried them all and Married myself to the MXR smart gate. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 15 2015, 04:42 AM) *
Is that eq audible?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:04 AM