Newest Song From Mattias Ia Eklundh - Guitar Freak Virtuoso!
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2013, 10:05 AM
Instructor
This man is totally insane - but I love what he does every time laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Christophe
Jan 22 2013, 10:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ahaha that made me laugh so badly !!! Awesome song though biggrin.gif

His fretboard is really weird O_o

Ps : That's quite funny cause I know this man for approximatively 3 hours ago, from here : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...k-tapping-tune/

ahahah

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2013, 10:42 AM
Instructor
Very good lesson indeed! Mattias is a tremendous player and musician! You should check out his band - Freak Kitchen smile.gif A progressive pop metal trio. It sounds like a big hit band, only that they play awesome music biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2013, 02:35 PM
Instructor
hahaha he is GREAT! We need a Comb Riffing lesson! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 22 2013, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Christophe @ Jan 22 2013, 09:20 AM) *
His fretboard is really weird O_o

They're called 'Compensated Frets' and are designed to make the intonation perfect on every string!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2013, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
AWESOME!!! It's like MESHUGGAH done with a Hair Comb!!! I wonder if taking teeth out of the come would make for some Djenty rythms? It's a truly original approach I've not seen before.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 22 2013, 04:05 AM) *

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 23 2013, 08:37 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 22 2013, 12:05 AM) *

Picking with a comb?! Now why didn't I think of that?! rolleyes.gif Great stuff Cosmin! smile.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 22 2013, 07:30 AM) *
They're called 'Compensated Frets' and are designed to make the intonation perfect on every string!
biggrin.gif

I seem to remember talking about these frets in another thread a while back. They look like they would drive me nuts, I can hardly look at them because they look like some kind of hallucination blink.gif
I joke, but I do wonder. Is a standard fret layout really that far off from being able to achieve "perfect" intonation? Compared to how drastically some of those compensated frets seem to be tweaked, I would think it would be noticeabley difficult to intonate with a standard fret layout. But then again I don't use a finely tuned oscilloscope to intonate my guitars. Does the differance in the 2 only equate to very small fractions of a tone?
Also I wonder have you ever had to work on compensated frets such as filing or dressing, or if not would you anticipate a bit more of a difficult task if you did?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2013, 12:37 PM
Instructor
Looks like serious business indeed and a lot of questions arise when thinking about owning such a piece of gear. Out of what I know, there are even more complicated instruments from this perspective - I can't seem to find the video right now, but it featured a very interesting acoustic instrument - like a harp guitar, having a somewhat curbed - almost fan like, oriented frets... Has anybody seen this elusive instrument? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:36 PM