> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Zz Top Blues, Lesson by Lucio Antolini
ZZ Top Blues
Rate this take...
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JamesT
Nov 7 2010, 09:48 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
ZZ Top Blues
Lesson by Lucio Antolini

Link to original lesson: here

This was a great intro to hybird picking for me. Not too technical, but just getting the additional two fingers to cooperate with the pick was a tough enough first step. I'm really getting into rhythm playing too and this lesson hit the spot for learning some Billy Gibbons style riffs & articulations. Great stuff Lucio! Thanks for the lesson!

Guitar: PRS Custom 24
Amp: Voxengo Boogex
DAW: Sonar 8.

Quick note about the amp model: It's a free VST from Voxengo. I just used the default settings here with a little extra gain, and added a nice reverb. It's a pretty cool plugin, especially for free. I'd love to hear your coments on the tone for this type of tune

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 14 2010, 03:57 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 7 2010, 09:54 PM
Instructor
Hey jim! you are playing way better buddy, i'm glad to see you rocking the house like that, i will give you a 9 for this, it is ALMOST perfectly played, you are just missing a little bit of "mojo", that comes with the experience.. specially in blues my brother.

keep rocking!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 8 2010, 02:15 PM
Instructor
yes!! great take!

nice hybrid picking!

the tone is all right imo. You could hit the strings harder and loosen the rist a bit more and lower the gain a bit. That would totally have a different effect, just an idea.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Nov 8 2010, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
You've got the blues feel yeah smile.gif

Liked your playing in this vid.
Maybe some minor bending-intonation problems and a little frustrated vibrato at the end but the basic feel and delivery was definitely cheering ! smile.gif
Now try to improvise in this style to find the essence of the blues. I'm intrested what you come up with !

Keep it up man!
Cheers

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 12 2010, 04:12 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Straight 9's!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:02 AM