Favourite Megadeth Story ?
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2010, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hey everybody ! Seeing as I've got a new Marty Friedman based lesson up here it got me thinking: 'What's your favourite Megadeth story ?'

It can be one that you've read... unless you've been lucky (or unlucky) enough to experience one first hand !

One of my faves is when Marty embarrassed Dave in front of some fans once, so Dave got his revenge by rubbing Deep Heat into Marty's stage trainers. Marty slipped them on and went on stage as normal, but then had to run over to his guitar tech because his feet were burning !! biggrin.gif

Let's hear your fave stories !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Nov 15 2010, 05:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 15 2010, 11:16 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Not a funny one, but if I remember an old Guitar World article, Dave talked about OD'ing and damaging the nerves in his arm as a result one way or another, he was told he wouldn't play guitar again by the doctor, and since then has gotten clean and released three solid albums and done some amazing shows.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2010, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 15 2010, 10:16 PM) *
Not a funny one, but if I remember an old Guitar World article, Dave talked about OD'ing and damaging the nerves in his arm as a result one way or another, he was told he wouldn't play guitar again by the doctor, and since then has gotten clean and released three solid albums and done some amazing shows.

Yeah, I can't imagine how much of a depressing blow that must have been, to think you'd never be able to play again !!! But thankfully Dave bounced back and brought us more Megadeth !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2010, 05:45 AM
GMC:er
I've got one. I saw Megadeth on their first National tour for PEACE SELLS at a little dive called the METROPLEX in Atlanta. The place is long gone but was legendary for it's killer shows and crazy crowds. The crowd got whipped in to such a frenzy in this little club that folks stage dived on to the stage in stead of off the stage in to crowd. They then refused to leave the stage and the band finally just kept playing with all these guys doing air guitar and headbanging up there with them while the security guys were tossing them back in to the pit one at a time.

This was forever ago and the first I'd ever heard of megadeth. Chris Poland was still playing with them at the time and they were amazing. PEACE SELLS took off soon after that and they were playing stadiums. But before the video for Peace Sells hit MTV they were schlepping around the country in a little van playing dive clubs like the Metroplex, and giving fans the show of their lives.

This pic is from the show that night! The guy with the mohawk kept landing on people. smile.gif Hallows Eve opened up. Another great Atlanta Metal Band!

You can actually see me in this pic. I'm the guy in the green shirt with the reddish brown hair toward the bottom right side looking up at the jumper smiling.
Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 20 2010, 05:53 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 20 2010, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Todd, that is AWESOME !!! Would have loved to have seen the 'Deth back then....especially with Poland and Gar's fantastic drumming !! I bet the atmosphere was incredible !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2010, 10:16 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 20 2010, 02:09 AM) *
Todd, that is AWESOME !!! Would have loved to have seen the 'Deth back then....especially with Poland and Gar's fantastic drumming !! I bet the atmosphere was incredible !! biggrin.gif

It was just nuts. I knew they were way to good to be playing dive bars like the metroplex but I was glad to get to see them in one before they hit smile.gif The energy in the room was crazy, the whole floor was one big pit with folks diving from the second floor and landing on the stage, the crowd, the floor, etc. They worked the crowd in to a frenzy.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:25 PM