2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Cort X - 6 Reveiw
Rating 5 V
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 08:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 10 2008, 09:19 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 26 2007, 08:58 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Great review, i remember seeing these in some local store, never knew anything about them, now i know they are worth the buy wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 26 2007, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
I think they sell these new for £200 now, but if you want the fancy looking version its £300 for the sharktooth inlays and the red overcoat.

As I said before, played this and it felt buzzy - neck looked v. straight though, I think the setup may have just been poor.

Never knew the FR was an official though, I'd have assumed it was just a licensed?

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 26 2007, 09:24 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Great review Matt,
and looks like you got a bargain there as well smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 09:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 26 2007, 08:21 PM) *
I think they sell these new for £200 now, but if you want the fancy looking version its £300 for the sharktooth inlays and the red overcoat.

As I said before, played this and it felt buzzy - neck looked v. straight though, I think the setup may have just been poor.

Never knew the FR was an official though, I'd have assumed it was just a licensed?

yeah these definatly need setting up before playing. I was lucky in that mine had already been done by a technician, so I got a nice low action and zero frut buzz smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 26 2007, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 26 2007, 09:21 PM) *

The most logical thing would be that it's retrofitted...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 09:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 26 2007, 08:45 PM) *
The most logical thing would be that it's retrofitted...

yes I think this one I have has had some new parts fitted. Im pretty sure the pickups are not orignal either! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 26 2007, 10:14 PM
That would explain how its retained its original price in this case smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 26 2007, 10:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
All in all, even brand new its still a bargain in my eyes.

Still cant wait for my Prestige though! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2007, 12:07 AM
Instructor
Nice review there Matt, this guitar looks fine for metal playing. I guess it is versatile with those HSH pickups. You can change the pickups maybe something like a SD JB&59 classic combo and some fender in the middle and you got yourself a great axe in many years to come.smile.gif ROck on!

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 27 2007, 12:08 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
the_guardian1
Feb 12 2008, 05:51 PM
Totally agree with you Matt.

Im playing my Cort X-6 for 1 year now and im still impressed with its performance.
Some people told me to buy a more expensive guitar but i dont want to.
My Cort gives me al the pleasure and different styles i need.
Especially semi acoustic and full throttle distortion on the humbuckers.

Attached Image

--------------------
Keep on rocking in tha free world [color="#FF0000"][/color]

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 12 2008, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Great review man, congrats on the new guitar! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 13 2008, 04:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good review, I didn't know about coil taps!, seems like this guitar has an excellent quality/price ratio.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 13 2008, 04:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
great review, i personally dont like the white dots on the upper side ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 13 2008, 04:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice review and nice guitar man! Congrats on buying it.

I think the H S H gives a lot of options, and becasuse the possibility to make the humbuckers singlecoils makes even more posibilities. One thing, isn't the plug in the way? It's at your bridge, I can imagine you hit it when palmmuting or something like that.

Overall looks very neat and I like the pickups!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 17 2008, 03:39 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great review , thanks Mat! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 18 2008, 11:22 PM
looks like a nice guitar, great review matt smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 18 2008, 11:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey my reveiw is still being veiwed alot - thanks guys biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 18 2008, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Congrats mattacuk! Looks like a sick piece of machinery smile.gif I'm sure you will shred it all day long smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 18 2008, 11:44 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 18 2008, 10:36 PM) *
Congrats mattacuk! Looks like a sick piece of machinery smile.gif I'm sure you will shred it all day long smile.gif

For sure man, its already seen ALOT of hours since i bought it smile.gif I doubt many guitars have seen so many hours playing in my part of the world. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:44 PM