3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Worst 5 High Price Guitars You've Ever Played
Guitarman700
Oct 4 2008, 01:30 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (FrankW @ Oct 3 2008, 07:20 PM) *
But, if price were no object, you can bet I'd buy it all!

Youd bet right! biggrin.gif by the way, one of my friends has 2 ohmy.gif Eric johnson strats, AMAZING guitars, no words i can say would do justice!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 4 2008, 06:27 AM
5 worst high end guitars ive ever played

#5- Gibson Explorer- wasn't horrible i just didn't like it
#4- Jackson Kelly- Balls
#3-Fender Stratocaster- It was really slow and the jazz tone just wasnt happening for me sad.gif
#2- Gibson LP- too slow of a neck, action was either poor or neck was dirty, it still make me frown.
#1-Ibanez JEM- im not sure, i pray it was set up poorly, my XPT707 feels 1000x better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Oct 4 2008, 06:44 AM
I dunno... A few people have said they don't like JEMs. I've played about three. Two were amazing, and the third one was terrible (It was brand new, but it looked and felt liked it was beaten around the store a few times)...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 4 2008, 11:38 AM
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Oct 4 2008, 06:44 AM) *
I dunno... A few people have said they don't like JEMs. I've played about three. Two were amazing, and the third one was terrible (It was brand new, but it looked and felt liked it was beaten around the store a few times)...

That can be a huge factor in a guitar's quality. Any guitar that isn't looked after will sound bad.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FrankW
Oct 4 2008, 03:27 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Oct 4 2008, 01:30 AM) *
Youd bet right! biggrin.gif by the way, one of my friends has 2 ohmy.gif Eric johnson strats, AMAZING guitars, no words i can say would do justice!

I agree with you. I think that Strat is a good buy considering the thought Fender put into making them worthy of Eric Johnson. With Erics' input, that particular Strat is a true tone machine that can be had at a reasonable price. I am not, of course, implying that other model Strats are not toneful. But, according to many "experts", the Eric Johnson Strat has a certain magic to it thanks to the maestros' input. Put it this way: if Eric Johnson signs off on any piece of music equipment, that's more than good enough for me.

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 6 2008, 01:05 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 3 2008, 11:34 AM) *
1. Gibson Les Paul (The worst guitar ever in my opinion. Awful looks, Awful sound, Awful playability, far too heavy and just a disgrace)
2. PRS Custom 22 (Nearly made it to number 1. It looks disgusting and I hate the tones. Definitely not a good guitar)
3. Dean Dimebag Razorback (Just a waste of money. Half the money you pay is because it's got Dime's name on it. Not bad as an <£1000 Guitar but awful for over £3000)
4. ESP Alexi Laiho (Dreadful Sound and so far from the quality of his real guitar I'd imagine)
5. Ibanez JEM (Finally got to try one out and I really hate the feel of the neck and the looks. Not easy for me to play)

What are some of your worst guitars you've tried out for over £300 ($650)

This is my opinion by the way. No need to cry. I just want your opinions on high range guitars. Then I can try them out and see what I think. smile.gif

Les paul has intense sustain, and is GREAT for rock and blues.
Ibanez jem is a very versatile guitar, and it's very good. however I don't like signature models.

I agree that the others suck.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 6 2008, 02:27 AM
i hate signature models. i don't want to play anyone elses guitar, i wanna play mine smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Oct 6 2008, 12:30 PM
I haven't tried alot of guitars, but I have to agree with you about the JEM. Tried it once and it wasn't significantly much better than the guitar I have now (Ibanez S320)

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 6 2008, 02:27 AM) *
i hate signature models. i don't want to play anyone elses guitar, i wanna play mine smile.gif

Yeah. It's like if I designed and built a custom model for me then who in there right mind would pay more than I paid for it for a guitar that is only useful to me. It is madness. People think if you own an artist model guitar you'll sound like the artist biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 6 2008, 01:59 PM
I dont think people who buy an artist model guitar buy it thinking they will sound like them!They get them as they like the look of them,nothing wrong with that

I havnt played a Suhr guitar,but going by ears alone it looks(Apart from that horrid headstock)and sounds I would have to say its like any strat with decent pickups in it!
American strats are very cheap considering the build quality of them and if you have a humbucker or JBjnr installed you get an amazing tone machine that can handle any thing you throw at it
Tex Specials in the bridge and mid sound amazing in an alder bodied strat,and a humbucker in the bridge is the icing on the cake.

I think George Lynch holds the record for most artist guitars!Amps,Leads,Pedals.Pickups(screaming demon isnt all that good realy)If you wanted to buy his collection it would cost a bundle!

I was amazed that Fender never did a sig model for Greg Howe,he advertised their amazing HM strats and used them on most of his albums(great 24fret necks)while ESP have a guitar for every day of the week for lynch and more!

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 02:03 PM
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 6 2008, 01:59 PM) *
I dont think people who buy an artist model guitar buy it thinking they will sound like them!They get them as they like the look of them,nothing wrong with that

I havnt played a Suhr guitar,but going by ears alone it looks(Apart from that horrid headstock)and sounds I would have to say its like any strat with decent pickups in it!
American strats are very cheap considering the build quality of them and if you have a humbucker or JBjnr installed you get an amazing tone machine that can handle any thing you throw at it
Tex Specials in the bridge and mid sound amazing in an alder bodied strat,and a humbucker in the bridge is the icing on the cake.

I think George Lynch holds the record for most artist guitars!Amps,Leads,Pedals.Pickups(screaming demon isnt all that good realy)If you wanted to buy his collection it would cost a bundle!

I was amazed that Fender never did a sig model for Greg Howe,he advertised their amazing HM strats and used them on most of his albums(great 24fret necks)while ESP have a guitar for every day of the week for lynch and more!

I'd take a Suhr guitar over Fender any day even if they are double the price. I must admit I would love a Strat with Texas Specials in though. Just haven't the money currently sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
misterj
Oct 6 2008, 02:52 PM
i agree with both sides of the argument when it comes to les pauls. maybe not for my main axe, but for certain tones you just cant beat them. i do however think that they are ridiculously over priced. if i were to buy another lp, i would just buy the studio like Gabe's. the only difference b/t it and the standard is the lack of cosmetic frills, diff p/ups(which can be changed) and its about 1600$ cheaper. where does gibson get off charging so much for a guitar?!?! the new standards are 500$ more than last years!

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Oct 6 2008, 03:08 PM
I have heard before that an Ibanez Jem does not feel good when you try it out because it's not set up properly in stores but yes signature guitars it's overpriced like hell...
The only les paul i like is the les paul studio alpine white with gold hardware but i'm never going to buy one of those.

The most terrible guitar i ever played was my uncle's washburn i don't know the model but it's a semi acoustic guitar...

In my opinion there is just one "best" guitar and that's the guitar you design yourself because you can go as far in price as you want and make your own selection of pickups, bridge etc.

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Oct 6 2008, 05:00 PM
When I was looking for an acoustic I played a Martin for about 50 000kr (very roughly somewhere around 5000 dollars.) It was awfull. Horrible! Blah! And oh, it sounded like crap. I eventually settled with my blueridge 40.......which has broken down and crack like 10 times since then...damnit..at least the martin would've stayed in one piece!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (PanicProne @ Oct 6 2008, 05:00 PM) *
When I was looking for an acoustic I played a Martin for about 50 000kr (very roughly somewhere around 5000 dollars.) It was awfull. Horrible! Blah! And oh, it sounded like crap. I eventually settled with my blueridge 40.......which has broken down and crack like 10 times since then...damnit..at least the martin would've stayed in one piece!

I must admit I have never played a Martin guitar that has sounded anything but stunning. I guess it must just have been set up very badly.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:12 AM