Will Youtube Replace Tv?
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 13 2013, 10:14 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
It happens that I sometimes find myself lost in browsing YT and watching the videos.
When it happens - I usually feel pretty much the same like if I was watching TV.

Do you think days of TV are over? smile.gif
Will this be the way of the future (videos on demand / self service based program)?

What I like about TV and Radio is that in most cases (unless you check the programe) you don't know what is going to be on next so its a bit random and there is a surprise factor. Youtube is bridging that gap as well as its pretty much possible to do the same thing by browsing videos all from one channel (randomly) or via related videos (so that you don't have to really know what you want to watch, in order to find something cool).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 13 2013, 05:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Not at all. I'd say if anything replaced TV it would be Netflix.

YouTube is made for personal videos made buy other users. I could never see it being a place to watch new episodes of TV shows.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 13 2013, 05:28 PM
GMC:er
For me already has.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 13 2013, 05:58 PM
Interesting topic, I really wouldn't be surprised if it does. I haven't owned a TV for over 10 years!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 13 2013, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Mar 13 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Interesting topic, I really wouldn't be surprised if it does. I haven't owned a TV for over 10 years!

ehehe i am goin for 5 years so far

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2013, 09:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Mar 13 2013, 04:58 PM) *

YES! Finally biggrin.gif I am not the only one smile.gif This year I celebrate 11 years since I erased TV out of my life completely. I think that in the future - and the future is already happening - as Bogdan said, TV will be replaced by various internet channels, simply because you don't have to take what TV companies offer in terms of programs. You can watch/ listen to EXACTLY what you want and need! smile.gif I think that says it all!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 14 2013, 11:40 AM
For sure. I didn't bother buying a set or a TV license when I moved to uni, and have never felt held back by it. In fact I probably just get more done!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:17 PM