4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Helix Native
Rammikin
Aug 25 2017, 09:12 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Roadside @ Aug 25 2017, 04:54 AM) *
Is there any way of using it live if I do not own any Line 6 HW? RIght now I can just postprocess clean recordings.

Yes, that's how it's intended to be used. Just turn on monitoring for the track to hear your live playing through Helix Native.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2017, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
What he said! smile.gif Sure! You can use it live and use a midi foot switch (with a usb to midi adapter) to control patch changes. It turns your laptop in to a HELIX box smile.gif Which is handy. BEN is using BIAS in this same sort of way with his live rig so yeah, it can work smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 25 2017, 04:12 AM) *
Yes, that's how it's intended to be used. Just turn on monitoring for the track to hear your live playing through Helix Native.

Yet again, "What he said". I like the clean tones and it's got wads of fx to be sure!!! It's a very nice unit. But, the UI does need some work. I have gotten really spoiled by the software interface for the 11 rack and by OVERLOUD plugins which look like actual bits of gear. E.g. You put a tube screamer in the chain and you see a tube screamer with it's knobs/settings at a glance. You dont' have to click it, then check the sliders. This seems a pinch obtuse. But to each his own, some folks love the interface.

Here is Th3 for example. Notice the signal path/chain is made up of actual bits of gear with knobs on them.

Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 22 2017, 06:32 PM) *
After trying Helix Native for a few days, I've decided not to buy it. The amp sounds are nice and the effects are decent. The user interface needs some work, but I'm sure that will be improved. But it didn't sound enough different from other amp sim plugins to my ear to make it worthwhile. And the clumsy way it handles IR's was a deal breaker. Maybe Line6 will fix that in a future update.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:06 AM