Demo Of Metal Muff Pedal
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2012, 07:15 AM
GMC:er
I was recording a quick demo of my new Nano Metal Muff and in doing so, I am reminded of why I no longer record using an Amp and Pedals and Mics. My amps are in the room with me, near my workstation so that I can tweak the settings and hear what's goin on. The trouble of course, is that mic for the amp is pretty close to me to. So it actually picks up my pick/string noise. Uggh. And I have to keep it pretty low volume here at 2:00 am so it's just not pushing the mic enough. Lame.

To get a genuine sound, I'd have to put the amp in the living room and run a long mic cable. Then hope the neighbors don't call the police again when I turn it up enough to get good tone.

Thank goodness for guitar emulation for home recording. smile.gif The funny part, is that my last track (Six Demon Bag) sounds much more like my amp actually sounds than does the actual recording of my actual amp that I did just now. I'm using decent mics and technique. But the volume, proximity, etc. Just bites for home recording IMHO.

That said! Here is the sound demo of the MUFF!

Attached File  Audio_4.mp3 ( 628.08K ) Number of downloads: 77

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 5 2012, 07:55 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Did you change something right at the end ? That last 2 second riff you did at the end seemed to jump out more than the rest with an extra kick of gain. cool.gif
PS: I am watching Big Trouble In Little China right now on AMC tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Oct 5 2012, 08:16 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Cool demo mate! I really agree about Amp emulation for home recording... we can record at every hour, even when everybody is sleeping and get a good tone. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 6 2012, 07:17 AM
GMC:er
Good ear! The last bit was from the previous pass, I had too much level on it and the low notes were redlining a bit so I backed off the level a bit. I did like it better the first pass with more gain though smile.gif

Fine choice of Movie BTW! smile.gif I watch it every time it comes on, even though I have the Double Disc DVD Special Edition,.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 5 2012, 02:55 AM) *
Did you change something right at the end ? That last 2 second riff you did at the end seemed to jump out more than the rest with an extra kick of gain. cool.gif
PS: I am watching Big Trouble In Little China right now on AMC tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:04 PM