All That Remains Turns In To Nickleback?
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2013, 07:51 AM
GMC:er
Something happened and a band called ALL THAT REMAINS seems to have, all the sudden, turned in to another band called NICKLEBACK. hmmm. Well, they say "Change is good" but sometimes,..........

Here is the vid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
PosterBoy
Oct 22 2013, 08:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Luckily that song is the exception rather than the direction of the album. I was surprised when I heard it as it seemed unusual and a little radio friendly for them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 22 2013, 08:36 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yikes. it is a bit heavy on the rock ballad cliches mellow.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 22 2013, 08:56 AM
DEATH TO FALSE METAL \,,,/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 09:00 AM
Instructor
Hmmmm - I was kind of having the same thought smile.gif I think the hunger is striking big bands as well, so no wonder they are trying to get mroe radio friendly... at least with the single smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 22 2013, 09:03 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Hmmmm - I was kind of having the same thought smile.gif I think the hunger is striking big bands as well, so no wonder they are trying to get mroe radio friendly... at least with the single smile.gif

You See, only True Metal bands stay metal always ... they don't get radio friendly, don't kill themselves longing for big success ..that's only way you can stay True till death and every honest fan will appreciate that : smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 22 2013, 08:03 AM) *
You See, only True Metal bands stay metal always ... they don't get radio friendly, don't kill themselves longing for big success ..that's only way you can stay True till death and every honest fan will appreciate that : smile.gif

When the management and contracts get in the way, things become more complicated, I think wink.gif It sucks, but that's how it goes at that level..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2013, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 22 2013, 04:56 AM) *
DEATH TO FALSE METAL \,,,/

hahah best comment ever! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2013, 05:34 AM
I've been reading about various bands just calling it quits lately due to not being able to make a living being in a band. MetalInjection.com keeps running stories of guys dropping out of bands that I"ve actually heard of and respect (Aeon, etc.) simply because they can't pay their bills and keep doing music. Many times, they have started a family, and have serious obligations to consider.

I read many comments judging them harshly on various outlets (facebook/metalsucks.net) and it seems a bit horrible to me. If someone in band with a decent following has to quit just to paint houses to support their family, ,I think we should throw them a WAKE (google it) and start a paypal donation fund to help them in the transition. Not bash them and judge them and say they suck for quitting.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/...d-anymore-quits

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2013, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 23 2013, 04:34 AM) *
I've been reading about various bands just calling it quits lately due to not being able to make a living being in a band. MetalInjection.com keeps running stories of guys dropping out of bands that I"ve actually heard of and respect (Aeon, etc.) simply because they can't pay their bills and keep doing music. Many times, they have started a family, and have serious obligations to consider.

I read many comments judging them harshly on various outlets (facebook/metalsucks.net) and it seems a bit horrible to me. If someone in band with a decent following has to quit just to paint houses to support their family, ,I think we should throw them a WAKE (google it) and start a paypal donation fund to help them in the transition. Not bash them and judge them and say they suck for quitting.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/...d-anymore-quits

Best darn attitude! Kudos to you Todd! If everyone would think AND ACT like that, there would be a chance for things to get better. A real chance!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 23 2013, 02:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm not that familiar with their discography but I liked this song on the first listen.

I can imagine this would upset their fans if the style change was too big but I don't think bands should be fixed to a certain style or arena. I don't think its bad for a band to make a "less-underground" song if they wanted to and music brought them in that direction. I mean - this is a very cool song isn't it? Yes, the form is more "easy to listen" but the melodies and everything is cool. Simplicity is sometimes the most difficult thing to achieve. If it was that easy to make cliche stuff - everyone would have hit songs? It all comes down to the band and songs that they are envisioning when they are composing them I guess.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 23 2013, 01:34 PM) *
I'm not that familiar with their discography but I liked this song on the first listen.

I can imagine this would upset their fans if the style change was too big but I don't think bands should be fixed to a certain style or arena. I don't think its bad for a band to make a "less-underground" song if they wanted to and music brought them in that direction. I mean - this is a very cool song isn't it? Yes, the form is more "easy to listen" but the melodies and everything is cool. Simplicity is sometimes the most difficult thing to achieve. If it was that easy to make cliche stuff - everyone would have hit songs? It all comes down to the band and songs that they are envisioning when they are composing them I guess.

Simple but not simplistic - that's the thing. It's difficult to achieve because most musicians are blinded by the idea of going to war with a big handgun when they could solve the problem with a bow and arrow wink.gif

It's an often encountered phenomenon for the fans to start disliking a band simply because the band wanted to experiment with something else. You can hit or miss, of course. Now, if you want to have an idea of what All that remains are famous for, check these songs out:

These are my favorite songs, for instance smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2013, 10:48 AM
I was never really a fan, but I appreciated what I'd heard smile.gif I am all for a band experimenting with their sound and such, but this new "single" seems like almost a dis to their fan base? I know it's a real world and these guys have bills to pay like the rest of us, so I don't blame them for going just a bit "Skid Row/Nickleback" I just wish they didn't have to.

I suppose it's either this type of thing or they might have to start dropping members and calling it quits like many other metal bands lately. So in the final analysis, I hope they get some radio play and sell a few records. They have paid their dues and played every crap club on earth at this point. They are due.

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 24 2013, 05:02 AM) *
Simple but not simplistic - that's the thing. It's difficult to achieve because most musicians are blinded by the idea of going to war with a big handgun when they could solve the problem with a bow and arrow wink.gif

It's an often encountered phenomenon for the fans to start disliking a band simply because the band wanted to experiment with something else. You can hit or miss, of course. Now, if you want to have an idea of what All that remains are famous for, check these songs out:

These are my favorite songs, for instance smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2013, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2013, 09:48 AM) *
I was never really a fan, but I appreciated what I'd heard smile.gif I am all for a band experimenting with their sound and such, but this new "single" seems like almost a dis to their fan base? I know it's a real world and these guys have bills to pay like the rest of us, so I don't blame them for going just a bit "Skid Row/Nickleback" I just wish they didn't have to.

I suppose it's either this type of thing or they might have to start dropping members and calling it quits like many other metal bands lately. So in the final analysis, I hope they get some radio play and sell a few records. They have paid their dues and played every crap club on earth at this point. They are due.

Todd

I think the hardest part is to keep a cool head, make your music and keep the fanbase and also make the money - sounds utopic? Kind of, if you ask me as you can never have it all, just like with all things in life, but one should try and find a balance smile.gif Release a commercial/radio friendly single and place more metal/fan oriented songs on the album. One other thing which can be done, would be to release an acoustic version of the 'hit' song, travel the radio stations and tv stations with it, while keeping the album as rocknroll as possible wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 2 2015, 07:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Their new album is a big disappointment, it's like there are two bands, one song is a radio friendly Nickelback rock song and the next a lot heavier with the screaming, it's almost like that all through the album

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Mar 2 2015, 07:03 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Vinman56
Mar 2 2015, 08:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
i almost threw up

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 2 2015, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie
and just so others can throw up

The uploader sped up the tracks so everything should be slightly slower

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Mar 2 2015, 09:01 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2015, 05:52 AM
some of it seems really heavy, then they switch up a bit and seem to go all "Radio Rock" in parts. I guess it's to be expected. Oli, the guitar player is a really fine musician. Good to see he's ripping it up well smile.gif Hope he does a solo project or something.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 2 2015, 03:56 PM) *
and just so others can throw up

The uploader sped up the tracks so everything should be slightly slower

+Quote Post
Drag0nz&meTaL
Mar 7 2015, 06:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
im not surprised with this at all, I was huge into these guys when i first started playing guitar back around middle school, then around the cd Overcome they started to get lighter, and the next cd was lighter, and lighter, etc. Can't stand their music anymore but for me to say they suck would be petty, because they are still great musicians, they just went into a direction that makes me super sad. Again, I probably won't purchase this album sad.gif maybe next time!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2015, 07:44 PM
I really hope OLI breaks out on his own and does something cool as a side project smile.gif Great player!

QUOTE (Drag0nz&meTaL @ Mar 7 2015, 01:08 PM) *
im not surprised with this at all, I was huge into these guys when i first started playing guitar back around middle school, then around the cd Overcome they started to get lighter, and the next cd was lighter, and lighter, etc. Can't stand their music anymore but for me to say they suck would be petty, because they are still great musicians, they just went into a direction that makes me super sad. Again, I probably won't purchase this album sad.gif maybe next time!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:36 PM