Your Reference Song / Band / Album For Mixing Rock / Metal Music
Darius Wave
Mar 22 2013, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Hi everyone! Not pretty shure if this is the right place in the forum but...

Sometimes I sit with my mixes and wonder what are Your reference songs for setting up the studio monitors or just comparing while mixing Your own stuff.

I don't know how about You but i still have this..."no satisfied" feeling while i try to make my records sounding good on different home audio gear. I work on Adams A7, Yamaha NS30M, Creative 2+1 set (very boomy), Logitech laptop little speakers, Sennheiser Hd280 pro headphones and philips cheap headphones.

I always have problems to balance bass freq to match something between those boomy 2+1 or home cinema speakers and classic hi-fi like those NS30 M. Though some of the recordings sounds within tolerance range on those mega boomy creatives. What i mean...there is still to much bass out of the speakers but it's enough tight to let it be like that. Got to mention I do use multiband compression. I also wonder how many of You do the cut at 100-130 db or 80 dB considering those two as mostly common "boomy" freq in many listeners rooms.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:38 AM