Riffs With Interesting Time Signatures
Saddlefall
Nov 5 2012, 07:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Was just messing around when I came up with this riff, sounds kinda cool I think?

One bar 3/4, one bar 5/4, two bars 3/4 and then one bar 5/4 again, and repeated once...

http://soundcloud.com/saddlefall/time-signature-madness-riff

Am I on to something here or? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 5 2012, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Sounds pretty cool man, that's the sort of thing I like to do smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 5 2012, 08:19 PM
GMC:er
Nice Riff! I'd say develop that one on out into something. Your Ninjutsu is strong with this one!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Nov 5 2012, 10:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks guys, good to know tongue.gif Me and a couple of friends have a bit of a band going, hopefully we can develop this into something.. Looking forward to see what the drummer can add to that riff biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 6 2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Saddlefall @ Nov 5 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Thanks guys, good to know tongue.gif Me and a couple of friends have a bit of a band going, hopefully we can develop this into something.. Looking forward to see what the drummer can add to that riff biggrin.gif

Jamming weird time riffs with just a drummer is a really good way of getting new ideas, mostly by accident !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 6 2012, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 6 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Jamming weird time riffs with just a drummer is a really good way of getting new ideas, mostly by accident !! smile.gif

Yea, that can be an excellent way of coming up with new and cool stuff. My problem is that I can't get my dang drum machine to help me try different things. LOL. It just plays the same thing over and over. I wish I lived near you guys, I can't hardly find any musicians around here to jam with. Makes it difficult for coming up with new things so I'll just start bouncing my ideas off the forums I guess... huh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 8 2012, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Well, first thing! I like the riff idea very much and second, mate one great way to jam with us is through collabs biggrin.gif If you have something in mind tell us and me or the other guys can organize it and we can practically jam together biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:29 AM