Understanding The Lessons
Coram Deo
Jan 23 2008, 06:10 PM
GMC:er
Over the last couple of months I've noticed alot of the instructors have added chord names to the video screen that change as the lesson plays. I don't understand the goal in doing this, at first I thought they were key changes but quickly came to the conclusion that was not the case. So I can only assume they are chord names, but why, whats the point? I get the feeling I'm missing out on something by not knowing. Is it the chord progression that the song was made around, is it the arpeggio that the solo is being played in at the moment? Please anyone explain. And thanks!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock & Roll!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 23 2008, 06:13 PM
Moderation Policy Director
These are the chords currently being played in the backing track - it doesn;t make any difference to your learning of the solo part, but it adds important background information if you want to get more into the piece and learn and understand its chord progression.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 23 2008, 06:18 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I for one am finding it very useful smile.gif

Sometimes i'll choose a backing track- find the chords and try melodic improv by just arpeggiating. and thats thanks to the new feature..

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 23 2008, 06:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
Chord progression info is certainly most usefull. I would really love some lessons on how to build my own chord progressions - this is something im lacking in at present smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jan 23 2008, 06:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I was thinking exactly the same as you, mattacuk!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 23 2008, 06:30 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Davidian @ Jan 23 2008, 05:29 PM) *
I was thinking exactly the same as you, mattacuk!

Cool ! biggrin.gif I think Kris might of mentioned the other day this is an area he would like to see improved on and I have no doubt we will see something on this topic very soon smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Coram Deo
Jan 23 2008, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
Cool, that is what I was hopeing it was. Thanks for the info!! And I would also love a lesson on chord progressions!

--------------------
The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock & Roll!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:17 PM