Delta Blues, Thanks to Ivan
DethKlok
Apr 9 2008, 10:14 AM
GMC:er
This is the first half of Ivan's delta blues lesson. I'm still working on the ending. Thanks Ivan!

http://people.eecs.ku.edu/~atonev/Delta%20Blues.mp3

Let me know what you think. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DethKlok: Apr 9 2008, 10:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 9 2008, 10:37 AM
Instructor
Very nice. smile.gif
Sounded nice and smooth.

A little low on volume perhaps and some notes did vanish a bit.. but that aside, i think you did a good job smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 9 2008, 10:38 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
DethKlok
Apr 9 2008, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 9 2008, 04:37 AM) *
Very nice. smile.gif
Sounded nice and smooth.

A little low on volume perhaps and some notes did vanish a bit.. but that aside, i think you did a good job smile.gif

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 9 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
That was great man! THe syncopation you did is excellent. More precision is needed when playing treble strings but you've really mastered the bas line nicely. Well done.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DethKlok
Apr 11 2008, 07:33 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Apr 9 2008, 03:52 PM) *
That was great man! THe syncopation you did is excellent. More precision is needed when playing treble strings but you've really mastered the bas line nicely. Well done.

Thanks, that means a lot to hear you say that. When you say I need more precision, do you mean in picking the right string and not touching the rest, or being on beat? That recording was a little off-beat, especially in the beginning. I practiced it more, and here's the result. I tried to add some phrasing (am I using this correctly?) by playing certain parts louder and softer to add a little more feeling.

http://people.eecs.ku.edu/~atonev/Delta_Blues_9.mp3

Let me know if you see some improvement. wink.gif As always, constrictive criticism is much appreciated.

This post has been edited by DethKlok: Apr 11 2008, 07:58 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:41 PM