Gig With Line6 Pod!
Kalidia
Apr 22 2012, 11:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi mates! I've bought a while ago a LINE 6 POD X3 PRO and i'm very happy with that, it contains a ton of sounds and effects and i use them everyday for playing at home.
Have you ever played in a gig with a LINE 6 Pod? Is that a good or bad idea?
Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Todd Simpson
Apr 23 2012, 07:42 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Apr 22 2012, 06:21 AM) *
Hi mates! I've bought a while ago a LINE 6 POD X3 PRO and i'm very happy with that, it contains a ton of sounds and effects and i use them everyday for playing at home.
Have you ever played in a gig with a LINE 6 Pod? Is that a good or bad idea?
Thanks!

I've played many gigs with an old digitech GNX3 multi fx. Not with a POD but along that line. Lots of folks use the X3 PRO for live stuff. You can set all your presets up for rythm, lead, clean etc. In short, yeah it should be fine smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
I have one but I've only used it live as a multifx. I have never used the amp simulators live. However I know that there are some professional bands here that used it successfully. I think that it depends on the style that you want to play.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2012, 10:11 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
If you are going to use the same amp live that you have at home - then it should be probably OK.
Be sure to test it by playing loud - patches sound very different at home volume and when amp is cranked up.

In general - my advice would be to use it very carefully as such digital units often eat your tone (especially if not set right). For example, as Gabriel suggested - its wise to use it only for effects and skip the whole amp/cab simulators completely. Have the Clean and High Gain/Distortion coming directly from the amp it self - it will sound better and more natural and you'll have the POD for effects (delay, chorus etc).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 PM