The First Black Female To Get A Sig Strat
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2020, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
I didn't realize there had never been a Black gal with her own sig strat until now. Seems a bit late in coming, but better late than never. Not to say she was given the sig strat simply due to gender and skin color, that wasn't the case. She is a talented gal. I'm just surprised it has never happened before now.

Have you guys heard of her?

Here is an article about H.E.R.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/riffs/intervie...0ee788165d40515

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 7 2020, 03:38 PM
GMC Founder
I hadn't heard of her - but this is a very uplifting video and she seems super skilled.

Is that a shure sm7b btw?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 7 2020, 06:06 PM
Not the only Black woman to take a big step forward recently.

I think that I heard a distinct primal scream of joy coming from the direction of Georgia a bit ago. Did you hear one coming from the direction of KC? Georgia you made us proud. It's all on you now, Jan 5.

Maybe Kris will let me get away with this under the circumstances, we'll see.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2020, 12:00 AM
Sure looks like an SM7b! Those are just great mics.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 7 2020, 10:38 AM) *
I hadn't heard of her - but this is a very uplifting video and she seems super skilled.

Is that a shure sm7b btw?

Now that you mention it yes. smile.gif I heard the same primal scream coming from Georgia. I felt the wave of joy flow over me as well. It's a wonderful thing imho. The glass ceiling has finally been breached and it's long overdue.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 7 2020, 01:06 PM) *
Not the only Black woman to take a big step forward recently.

I think that I heard a distinct primal scream of joy coming from the direction of Georgia a bit ago. Did you hear one coming from the direction of KC? Georgia you made us proud. It's all on you now, Jan 5.

Maybe Kris will let me get away with this under the circumstances, we'll see.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:03 PM