2 Pages V   1 2 >  
For Anyone Who Has Trouble With Sweep Picking, may help if you have a digital camera!
Wyvernx
Oct 10 2007, 09:13 AM
GMC:er
I posted a video response to Lukesniper, who came up with a simple but effective to practice sweep picking, and I'm inviting anyone from GMC who wants to do this with me, so here is the link to the video.
I'll be posting some updates soon, so ANYONE who is willing to learn sweep picking this is for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFWBhmE_jw

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 10 2007, 09:21 AM
hey felix, ill definitely try it! i stink at it too.... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 10 2007, 09:24 AM
QUOTE (PacmanProductions @ Oct 10 2007, 01:21 AM) *
hey felix, ill definitely try it! i stink at it too.... sad.gif

Sweet! I think I can now say the more the merrier!

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 10 2007, 10:16 AM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Oct 10 2007, 04:13 AM) *
I posted a video response to Lukesniper, who came up with a simple but effective to practice sweep picking, and I'm inviting anyone from GMC who wants to do this with me, so here is the link to the video.
I'll be posting some updates soon, so ANYONE who is willing to learn sweep picking this is for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFWBhmE_jw

hey i;m only beginer but u can't also find cooll stuff here specialy with PAVEL
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...esson/index.htm

cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 10 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah I get your point, but the thing I'm trying to do is for some of us to come together and constanly upload updates on how we are improving, and any tips other GMC'ers may have for us. Something that's easily done on I guess both websites. laugh.gif
FYI: I responded to the video I posted the link to!

This post has been edited by Wyvernx: Oct 10 2007, 10:24 AM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 10 2007, 10:51 AM
Im in smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 10 2007, 11:06 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Oct 10 2007, 02:51 AM) *
Im in smile.gif

I'm glad! laugh.gif We'll do it!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 10 2007, 11:09 AM
Funny story tho tongue.gif ive never even tried sweeping.. im a rythem player so i do alot of speed picking and stuff but no sweeps till now.. ill try and post a video sum time next week smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 15 2007, 12:36 PM
So is anybody else going to try this? I can easily say I've gotten better with this routine, except I cut my finger today, it's going to slow me down a bit, the more the merrier! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 15 2007, 12:47 PM
Im gonna try it, but just not as intensely as him, can't give a hour day just for sweeping tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 15 2007, 12:56 PM
I think I might do this. It will be handy to be able to sweep fast.. only for showing off. tongue.gif I cant see myself ever using it in music I make.

Edit: Not at such a high tempo i mean, im sure i might use the shapes or arpeggios is called?

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Oct 15 2007, 12:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 15 2007, 01:29 PM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 15 2007, 04:56 AM) *
I think I might do this. It will be handy to be able to sweep fast.. only for showing off. tongue.gif I cant see myself ever using it in music I make.

Edit: Not at such a high tempo i mean, im sure i might use the shapes or arpeggios is called?

Well that's still something the more arsenal you have the deadlier your playing becomes! cool.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 15 2007, 02:27 PM
Wyvernex
This is a really cool post you got here smile.gif .I can definatly see this only improving everyones sweeping technique,the only question is will you put the work in?Thats the big thing cause thats really the only way your going to get it down.I also like how the dude in video said to start very slow at around 50 bpm.He is very right about the fact that its boring but if you try to get ahead of yourself you will get very sloppy habbits.

I really wish i had more time these days to focus on my playing cause honestly i really see this a sure way to improve on sweeping as long as your dedicated and follow the routine.Best of luck to you all and i will also try and put as much time as possible into this as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
AdamB
Oct 15 2007, 06:46 PM
I'll get in on this. My sweep-picking is awful, so it'll be good for me as I really like this technique. If I just do it for 2 months I'll be such a better player at the end of it.

Have you thought about using guitar pro to program in a practice routine? I do that at the moment and I've found it really helps. I program an alternate picking pattern in and then set it at 70bpm and make it go round 99 times, then it automatically moves onto the next shape and does it again, could work well for this too I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, should I switch down to 50bpm? Do you guys think that'll help, as I've been wondering if 70 was too fast to practice at?

This post has been edited by AdamB: Oct 15 2007, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 16 2007, 05:49 AM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Oct 15 2007, 06:29 AM) *
Well that's still something the more arsenal you have the deadlier your playing becomes! cool.gif

i love how that sounds tongue.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 16 2007, 05:51 AM
Instructor
2 months?? hahaha good joke...

You really believe in that?

EDIT: if you look at his tabs: http://lukesniper.lfhost.com/files/arps.pdf you'll see the guy knows nothing about notation, duration of notes and playing with metronome....

My lessons are not good enough sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Oct 16 2007, 05:59 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 16 2007, 06:15 AM
Instructor
Or mine? sad.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Understudy
Oct 16 2007, 06:25 AM
Nice going gang !! Now you have infuriated our guitar teachers !!!! Pavel, Muris I guess you will both have to double your lessons this week in order to make everyone happy..... Joking of course wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 16 2007, 06:28 AM
Instructor
Grrr yeah mad.gif
I'm gonna sweep so fast in next lesson grrrr,
your ADSL or any high speed net will not be able to read it grrrrr mad.gif

laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 16 2007, 06:32 AM
I was going to do this but, im just going to use the idea, stick with something for 2 months and not deviate. Because that is what I do. start learning something and then i start learning something else instead and forget to play the other things.

Edit: Pavel and Muris lessons are great, i have not got past pavel's sweeping lesson 1 yet tongue.gif I just started something else.

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Oct 16 2007, 06:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:31 PM