6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Discussion And Uploads, ALL Mentor's Advanced Virtual Band
lcsdds
Jan 12 2009, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I vote for Tolek as band leader. I think it would be cool to do a cover where there is alot of room for guitar fills etc. Van Halen's version of "One way to rock" or White Lion's version of "Radar Love" would be fun. I like fatb0t's idea as well.

Monte

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 05:30 PM
GMC:er
It's up to you guys - I was just throwing out suggestions.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 05:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Looks good guys smile.gif

May I suggest we keep the plan relatively simple for a first take from this virtual band? If we pick a backing track from somewhere, all assign certain time lengths to play over - like a mini collaboration. That way we can find out where each others strengths lye and who is comfortable doing the mixing.

Also be a fun introduction to this band smile.gif

Then we can start collaborating on some complicated shizzle! biggrin.gif

(bare in mind with complicated theory stuff, I will require my hand to be held!)

QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 12 2009, 02:18 PM) *
Discuss your ideas and thoughts in here guys. Good luck and can't wait to hear what comes out of this one. smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 12 2009, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Guys this is going to rock hard I can feel it. I look forward to your uploads.

Congratulations on getting in the band smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 06:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Pedja smile.gif

These guys know their theory, so I might be poking you for help very soon!!

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 12 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Guys this is going to rock hard I can feel it. I look forward to your uploads.

Congratulations on getting in the band smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 12 2009, 06:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 12 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Looks good guys smile.gif

May I suggest we keep the plan relatively simple for a first take from this virtual band? If we pick a backing track from somewhere, all assign certain time lengths to play over - like a mini collaboration. That way we can find out where each others strengths lye and who is comfortable doing the mixing.

Also be a fun introduction to this band smile.gif

Then we can start collaborating on some complicated shizzle! biggrin.gif

(bare in mind with complicated theory stuff, I will require my hand to be held!)

I think this is a good idea. Why don't we come up with say a 24 bar backing like Emir is doing with the student collaboration and everybody have a go at it. Then, like AJ said, we can all get a feel of each other's style. I am sure we could get a backing track from somewhere or one of you guys has a chord progression that you have been dying to use for something. biggrin.gif I think simple to start is a good idea.

Monte

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, glad to be here, Tolek will be a wonderful Band leader imo!

For the first song, I think we could do something like G3's Smoke on the Water cover biggrin.gif I dont suggest we shall play Smoke on the water, but some classic like that and improvise a lot.

What do you say about it?

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 06:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
That sounds great to me! I love improvising on that track. I'd actually say it would be a good one to do! But we could always come up with something similar smile.gif

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 12 2009, 05:19 PM) *
Hey guys, glad to be here, Tolek will be a wonderful Band leader imo!

For the first song, I think we could do something like G3's Smoke on the Water cover biggrin.gif I dont suggest we shall play Smoke on the water, but some classic like that and improvise a lot.

What do you say about it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 06:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I made a little backing track, so everybody can jam to it. smile.gif It´s in C minor and the chords are: Cmin9, Fmin9, Dmin7b5. (Thanks to chast who showed me this awesome progression!).

Let the jam begin!

Attached File  C_min_Backing.mp3 ( 998.52K ) Number of downloads: 243

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 06:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Personally, I'll need some help knowing what scales I can use over that backing. I warned you my theory wasn't up to par with you guys!

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I made a little backing track, so everybody can jam to it. smile.gif It´s in C minor and the chords are: Cmin9, Fmin9, Dmin7b5. (Thanks to chast who showed me this awesome progression!).

Let the jam begin!

Attached File  C_min_Backing.mp3 ( 998.52K ) Number of downloads: 243

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 12 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Personally, I'll need some help knowing what scales I can use over that backing. I warned you my theory wasn't up to par with you guys!

You can select them yourself man if you wish, its quite easy actually:

Cmin9 C Eb G B Db

Fmin9 F Ab C Eb Gb

Dmin7b5 D F Ab C

C D Eb F G Ab B C are the on scale notes only Gb on Fmin9 is the intruder there
you might be able to play C Harmonic minor all around
only on Fmin9 you should change it to Hungarian minor

Hungarian Minor:

C D Eb F# G Ab B C

edit: F# doesnt exist in C minor and C Melodic is incompatible! It should be Hungarian Minor, I always make this mistake laugh.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 12 2009, 08:31 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, no problem man!
You can use C Minor & C Minor Pentatonic. You can try and experiment a bit. wink.gif

@enforcer:
Well explained. However, there´s a problem: "only on Fmin9 you should change it to C Melodic minor if I am not mistaken...". C Melodic Minor Scale: C D Eb F G A B C. And the Fmin9 chords is, as you said: F Ab C Eb Gb (actually you said F# which doesn´t exist in C minor tongue.gif). So, you can´t play that scale over this chord because it would sound out of tune in view of the A and Ab.

This post has been edited by Tolek: Jan 12 2009, 07:01 PM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 12 2009, 06:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 12 2009, 06:45 PM) *

Any of the scales that go with C minor/ Eb major. AJ, if you check out my MTP thread I gave Jesse some tabs of the different diatonic box shapes, pentatonic box shapes as well as sliding diatonic and pentatonic shapes. If you don't know these I would reccomend downloading them and learning them. I also gave him guitar pro file with all the triad shapes and explained to them where they come from. The triad shapes are very handy as well. Don't know where you theory knowledge is but if you spend a couple months and really get these shapes under your fingers it will open up a lot of doors for your playing and you will have TONS of options when playing over chord progression.

Monte

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 12 2009, 07:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi guys. Tolek you sent me a PM about this yesterday I thinks. Did I mis-understand or am I a part of this VB as well? Seems like everyone has decided on something.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 12 2009, 07:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 12 2009, 07:37 PM) *
Hi guys. Tolek you sent me a PM about this yesterday I thinks. Did I mis-understand or am I a part of this VB as well? Seems like everyone has decided on something.

Hey there! You are included, too, if you want! Try to record a take to the backing that I posted above.

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 12 2009, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great initiative Tolek!! Thanks for sending me a PM about it.
Sorry for joining a bit late, you guys are already in move ohmy.gif

The progression is nice tolek. You don't think it might be good to have first a drum track together with this progression. It will not be easy to loop it otherwise.

I maybe can try to put something together tonight if you like ...

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 12 2009, 07:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 12 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Great initiative Tolek!! Thanks for sending me a PM about it.
Sorry for joining a bit late, you guys are already in move ohmy.gif

The progression is nice tolek. You don't think it might be good to have first a drum track together with this progression. It will not be easy to loop it otherwise.

I maybe can try to put something together tonight if you like ...

I like the idea of a drum track also. Chord progression sounds good but the drums will give it more life and it will be easier to mix once we create a loop.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 12 2009, 08:00 PM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 12 2009, 08:04 PM
I agree with you guys, a drum track would be important. This is supposed to be the advanced group - we should make it as professional as possible.

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 12 2009, 08:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man smile.gif Yeah, don't worry we haven't done anything without you! Just tossing idea's around, and not writing anything in stone till all the mentors are here.

Oh and here's a take I just made - Just improvised for now, and have to upload the last take as have just had to turn off the DR Z, but thought I'd at least let you guys hear a take smile.gif The end kinda came and suprised me, hence the lack of feel from my playing for an ending. Oh well!Attached File  cmin9_mixdown.mp3 ( 1.95MB ) Number of downloads: 265

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 12 2009, 06:37 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 12 2009, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 12 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Ok, no problem man!
You can use C Minor & C Minor Pentatonic. You can try and experiment a bit. wink.gif

@enforcer:
Well explained. However, there´s a problem: "only on Fmin9 you should change it to C Melodic minor if I am not mistaken...". C Melodic Minor Scale: C D Eb F G A B C. And the Fmin9 chords is, as you said: F Ab C Eb Gb (actually you said F# which doesn´t exist in C minor tongue.gif). So, you can´t play that scale over this chord because it would sound out of tune in view of the A and Ab.

biggrin.gif you see I am mistaken laugh.gif
I always make this mistake of mentioning Melodic Minor in place of good old hungarian minor. I made this mistake of F# because there is actually a F# in C Hungarian Minor biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 12 2009, 09:06 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:14 AM