Glorious Leader Takes Dirt Nap
Gary
Dec 20 2011, 08:16 AM
GMC:er
The Dear Leader of North Korea died on Saturday and his people are in a major state of mourning. After watching the video below it was hard for me to conjure up a comparable event that would make people so upset. Perhaps if Justin Bieber were to fall from a helicopter and hit the stage in front of a concert packed with his teenage girl fans? Nahhh...

In reality this is what happens when the leader of a country controls people to the extent where they recognize him as a god. The behavior is also the result of the older people remembering what happened when Kim-Jong Il's father died in 1994. After his death the people who did not display the "proper amount" of mourning were subsequently given something to really cry about by the military police blink.gif

Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
MickeM
Dec 20 2011, 09:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
All of the mourning videos in the news looked so staged, performed at gun point. The crying news anchor took the prize. Imagine if North Korea turns into a democracy within the nearest 10 years. Her performance will show on North Korea's most funniest home videos and bloopers. She'll be so proud. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2011, 10:41 AM
I saw these clips with the sound off and honestly thought they were laughing! It's all obviously fake and staged. The whole thing is a bit tragic. And now the third generation of nut bags is taking over the asylum! oh boy.

QUOTE (Gary @ Dec 20 2011, 02:16 AM) *
The Dear Leader of North Korea died on Saturday and his people are in a major state of mourning. After watching the video below it was hard for me to conjure up a comparable event that would make people so upset. Perhaps if Justin Bieber were to fall from a helicopter and hit the stage in front of a concert packed with his teenage girl fans? Nahhh...

In reality this is what happens when the leader of a country controls people to the extent where they recognize him as a god. The behavior is also the result of the older people remembering what happened when Kim-Jong Il's father died in 1994. After his death the people who did not display the "proper amount" of mourning were subsequently given something to really cry about by the military police blink.gif

Gary

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 20 2011, 10:58 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
At least half of those people are brainwashed enough to really cry 'cos of his death. It needs some brainwashing not to see it also.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 20 2011, 05:54 PM
Instructor
this has to be staged. and if it is, this is crazy!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 20 2011, 06:11 PM
Instructor
I just think of Kim Jong Il in Team America - 'Arec Bawldwin !'

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 20 2011, 06:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's so crazy there are entire nations that are led by dictators like the former Kim J. I don't expect his son to be any better. That's something to cry about. An entire nation held hostage to brutality and oppression.It really is saddening.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 20 2011, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 20 2011, 05:11 PM) *
I just think of Kim Jong Il in Team America - 'Arec Bawldwin !'

laugh.gif laugh.gif

[attachment=25658:kim_jong_il.jpg]

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Dec 20 2011, 10:37 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 20 2011, 11:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 20 2011, 09:27 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

[attachment=25658:kim_jong_il.jpg]

Now ,that's a black humour !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 21 2011, 05:01 AM
Instructor
I believe they call that Stockholm syndrome.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 21 2011, 10:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 21 2011, 04:01 AM) *
I believe they call that Stockholm syndrome.

I think Stockholm Syndrome only refers specifically to incidents when people who have been kidnapped start to empathise and ally themselves with their attackers.

What happens ins places like Korea is just shameful oppression, which inludes the obligitory brainwashing.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 21 2011, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Why did the media present only this picture? OK, the mourning is on, but surely there has to be something else going on in the state right? It's an insult to the audience, believing more people will want to watch circus program.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:43 PM