2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Blues Rock, My first blues rock
Antipolitik
Mar 6 2008, 03:34 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys!

My name is Jonas and I live in Gävle, Sweden. I started play guitar 2007 (in July) and before
that I've played bass for 4 month only.
Actually I picked up guitar after seeing this wierdo at youtube (guess who haha). I've been watching the
free videos but TODAY I actually joined full membership. I practiced Gabriel Leopardi's rock riff's with
my morning coffee and recorded some of my own as well so here it is. I'm sorry there is no mindblowing
guitar solo but I will ask my relative if he can record one for this song cuz I can't YET!!! smile.gif

I play guitar and bass. I programmed the drums after the beat Gabriel Leopardi uses and added some of my own.
Hope you like it. If anyone would like to record a solo just contact me ... My uncle will put down the vocals on
saturday. Feel free to criticize anything. I am here to learn. Peace! tongue.gif

PS. Gabriel Leopardi , if you were a girl I'd marry you!

[attachment=5227:080306__...he_blues.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Mar 6 2008, 03:35 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 6 2008, 03:41 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Nice smile.gif like the riff its good smile.gif

& welcome to GMC

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Mar 6 2008, 03:41 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 6 2008, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 6 2008, 03:41 PM) *
Nice smile.gif like the riff its good smile.gif

& welcome to GMC

Thanks! and ... Thanks again! smile.gif Love this site!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 7 2008, 05:53 AM
Singing Instructor
welcome man..this is totaly Audioslave:)...I can hear Chriss Cornell singing over your song............And it sounds cool....
great job....smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 7 2008, 06:46 AM
who needs a solo when you can create a riff like that. Just follow my moto man, an amazing song starts with an amazing riff, solo's just enhance it. Every great song starts with a great riff, its what catches our attention. So don't feel bummed if you can't solo just yet. I've been playing for 4 years and my soloing skills are of minimal. It's not like I never progressed, its just that creating riffs are much suited for my taste as a guitarist.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 7 2008, 11:23 AM
Nemanja, VinceG, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah. Mr Cornell would be nice to have on this track. Tonight my uncle Daniel will sing it, sometimes actually people
hear some of Cornells vibe in his voice. I'll upload the new version with vocals later tonight. He is really good
to work with so it should be finished in a couple of hours. Thanks again guys! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 7 2008, 12:53 PM
Wow, cool riffs man. You play dirty in a good way! I like it. nice job.

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 7 2008, 10:02 PM
Vocal version of my bluesrock song. My uncle Daniel is singing and playing the harmonica.
He just started playing that cool intrument but still I think he did an excellent job.
Hope you like the vocal version guys!

Song called: Climbing the hurricane
[attachment=5260:Decipher...e__demo_.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 7 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, I thought it was great smile.gif As Robin said, you play dirty in a really good way. I liked the addition of the harmonica and your uncle is a great singer. I can certainly here some chris cornell in there, and sometimes even some ozzy tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Brother Woodrow
Mar 7 2008, 10:26 PM
You're lucky that Ozzy is your uncle! Great song. You're very talented! (hope Kris won't punish me for the last word) smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2008, 10:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Song sound just awesome !! Welcome to GMC mate!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 7 2008, 11:38 PM
Bogdan, Brother Woodrow, JVM, you are very kind!

Both me and Daniel are sitting in our little homestudio at my house and we feel very happy atm. smile.gif
We are drinking coffee and in 5 minutes we are recording our next track.
We are very happy that you liked the song and yes, my uncle "is Ozzy". He even wears a wristband
with the Ozzy logo. I gave it to him because sometimes when he really wants to he sounds much like Mr Osbourne.

After this track we will try to make a cover of Audioslaves track Cochise. If it turns out okey I'll upload it.
Keep riffing guys!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Mar 7 2008, 11:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
wakefield10
Mar 7 2008, 11:40 PM
Your riff is so cool!

I really really like it biggrin.gif It would be really good to learn.

This post has been edited by wakefield10: Mar 7 2008, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 7 2008, 11:50 PM
Singing Instructor
yeah this song got a nother dimension knowe...it is gret....your singer is so good...his down voice on the verses is Chriss...and choruses are Ozzy...very good man:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 7 2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks Wakefield, I'll tab it out for you tomorrow and PM if you want. No problem.
Nemanja, Daniel says thanks for the nice feedback!

Daniel with his Ozzy wristband smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wakefield10
Mar 8 2008, 12:54 AM
QUOTE (Antipolitik @ Mar 7 2008, 10:58 PM) *
Thanks Wakefield, I'll tab it out for you tomorrow and PM if you want. No problem.

Daniel with his Ozzy wristband smile.gif

seriously? That would be brilliant, smile.gif Everyone here is so nice! btw I had a look at your myspace page, all your songs are good tongue.gif they have really catchy rhythms.

This post has been edited by wakefield10: Mar 8 2008, 12:56 AM

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 8 2008, 01:12 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Antipolitik @ Mar 7 2008, 11:58 PM) *

no prob...you guys are great...smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Mar 8 2008, 01:43 AM
Me and Daniel got lots of motivation of your nice feedback so we managed to finish another
song "Spider on a web". I play really bad on the "break" part, you hear my sliding it's awful.
I'll try to make it better tomorrow, now my hands are messed up.

Anyway, many of you heard Ozzy in Daniels vocals and now I think you hear him a bit more in the verses smile.gif
Enjoy guys, this one is for you smile.gif and yes, this is the best place on the internet for sure!

Rock on!

[attachment=5263:Decipher...b__demo_.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 8 2008, 02:09 AM
Learning Roadie
You're very very good and so is your uncle smile.gif Keep them coming if you can.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 8 2008, 12:17 PM
Loved it, very ozzy like, great vocals too! smile.gif

What drums did you use? sound so real!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:51 AM