Gus G Solos
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2010, 07:35 AM
Instructor
I was watching amazing guitar videos on youtube and I found this medley with some of the coolest Gus G solos... I find his solos really inspiring! His tone is killer, his vibrato just perfect... and I love the soft use of wah wah... if you didn't know him and check this video you'll note why Ozzy has chosen him..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 27 2010, 09:35 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm a huge fan of his work .. Truly inspiring indeed

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 27 2010, 12:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
Fantastic. smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 27 2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've been a Gus G. Fan since I was like 12, His work in Dream Evil and Mystic Prophecy is amazing, not to mention his work with Firewind. Although, I really don't think he belongs with Ozzy - This is just me but, I don't think Ozzy knows how to utilize someone like Gus. I love Zakk and Rhandy with all my being, But meldocially Gus is on an entirely different level than those guys, And I think he just doesnt quite fit with ozzy.

That song is just overtly beastly.

+Quote Post
Fre
Jun 27 2010, 12:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
blink.gif I didn't know him yet!
He sounds really awesome, thanks Gabriel!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 27 2010, 03:47 PM
Instructor
I had heard the name but hadn't actually listened to him,

I love the vibrato, reminds me of Alexi Laiho a bit

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2010, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 27 2010, 08:25 AM) *
I've been a Gus G. Fan since I was like 12, His work in Dream Evil and Mystic Prophecy is amazing, not to mention his work with Firewind. Although, I really don't think he belongs with Ozzy - This is just me but, I don't think Ozzy knows how to utilize someone like Gus. I love Zakk and Rhandy with all my being, But meldocially Gus is on an entirely different level than those guys, And I think he just doesnt quite fit with ozzy.

That song is just overtly beastly.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not sure why I can here some Zakk's and Randy's in his playing... Don't you feel it? Mostly in the solos that I posted...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2010, 12:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
In some pentatonic playing you can here some Randy maybe. I dont mean he is better or worse, just his approach to writing melodies and riffs, and music in general doesn't fit all that well with ozzy. Thats just my opinion though, Either way he is an amazing player.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2010, 05:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 27 2010, 08:07 PM) *
In some pentatonic playing you can here some Randy maybe. I dont mean he is better or worse, just his approach to writing melodies and riffs, and music in general doesn't fit all that well with ozzy. Thats just my opinion though, Either way he is an amazing player.

yes, it's true. I was talking about some of his solos and licks. His compositions are very different to Ozzy's stuff.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 29 2010, 01:28 PM
Jazz Instructor
Fantastic! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:41 AM