2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Play My Guitar In The Toilet, weird places to play guitar
Adrian Figallo
Aug 9 2011, 05:32 AM
Instructor
So.., yeah just that, i was inspired writing other post and i did mention that like in a conversation with the topic creator, so that's the most weird place for me, that and under the bed one time biggrin.gif

So, what's the most weird place you like to play guitar?

biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Adrian Figallo: Aug 9 2011, 05:32 AM

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2011, 06:41 AM
Instructor
I composed some of my favourite melodies of my own in the toilet... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2011, 06:57 AM
GMC:er
I actually compose in the car. I don't use a guitar when I"m doing it of course, but I'll start writing in my head and map out a rythm when I"m stuck in traffic so that when I get home I can record it.

The bathroom is a great place to record guitar smile.gif It's a great isolation booth if done properly, (avoiding reverb/echo takes careful mic technique) and a great echo chamber/reverb chamber if you skip the damping and turn up loud.

When recording in the home, each room has it's unique qualities. The living room / family room is usually the biggest room so usually good for drums. The kitchen is usually good for keyboard, and headphone distribution/ mix position. Bathrooms make good iso booths, as do closets. Basements, (when available) make great guitar or drum rooms as they have good sound proofing and won't get the cops involved nearly as quickly due to noise violations smile.gif

Aybody use their home as full recording studio?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2011, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Years ago, I did go through a phase of setting up my small practice amp in the bathroom and sitting on the toilet and playing. (not using the toilet, I would just go in there and play)

I put the amp in the bath and turned it against the wall !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
velci
Aug 9 2011, 02:16 PM
Learning Roadie
just look at my signature biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 9 2011, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2011, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 9 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Years ago, I did go through a phase of setting up my small practice amp in the bathroom and sitting on the toilet and playing. (not using the toilet, I would just go in there and play)

I put the amp in the bath and turned it against the wall !! laugh.gif

Staying too long in the toilet know to cause hemorrhoids, scientifically proven ! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Feel free to confess Ben, we are all family here biggrin.gif

edit: Which gave me a good idea: must make "Toilet" preset on my reverb !!!

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Aug 9 2011, 05:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 9 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 9 2011, 10:59 AM) *
Staying too long in the toilet know to cause hemorrhoids, scientifically proven ! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Feel free to confess Ben, we are all family here biggrin.gif

edit: Which gave me a good idea: must make "Toilet" preset on my reverb !!!

Yeah Ben, come on, you can talk freely here.

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 9 2011, 07:53 PM
Learning Roadie
This topic is funny! biggrin.gif I can say I've composed anywhere else but my bedroom. But I have got ideas in various places of everyday life. Guitar ideas, I mean. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 9 2011, 08:13 PM
Instructor
I can think of some places where I've been warming up before a gig. In a warehouse, a bathroom, smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2011, 11:05 PM
Instructor
if it comes down to warming up biggrin.gif I must admit, toilets have been most often used - and the fauna in there biggrin.gif unique!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2011, 12:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 9 2011, 07:57 AM) *
The kitchen is usually good for keyboard, and headphone distribution/ mix position.

Oh it's perfect for that. I've heard grease from the oven is specially good for lubricating sliders and knobs on the keyboard controller. I also like to keep my headphone amp above the cooker. Those knobs can really turn nicely after long cooking session.. cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 12:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 9 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Oh it's perfect for that. I've heard grease from the oven is specially good for lubricating sliders and knobs on the keyboard controller. I also like to keep my headphone amp above the cooker. Those knobs can really turn nicely after long cooking session.. cool.gif

Hahaha, so that's the reason smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2011, 02:10 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2011, 06:41 AM) *

in or On laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 10 2011, 04:26 AM
Well i have a guitar in 'every' room of the house.....and an ukulele in the toilet smile.gif

Also i installed a central amp system in the house....every room has jacks where i can plug into anytime...did cost me some money though!! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Bossie: Aug 10 2011, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 04:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Aug 9 2011, 10:26 PM) *
Also i installed a central amp system in the house....every room has jacks where i can plug into anytime...did cost me some money though!! tongue.gif

are u serious ?? biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 10 2011, 04:35 AM
Naaaaah just one of my dreams .... laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 04:37 AM
Instructor
hahaha it's actually one of my dreams too! i would love a jack on every room OR a wireless system all over the house and a thing to carry the guitars around it too, like the thing on the airport, so you don't have to move an inch to play guitar anytime.

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 10 2011, 04:42 AM
The guitar in every room is a true story...but some of them aren't playable anymore..just decoration laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 04:44 AM
Instructor
why? too old to be played? or?

because if they are old, i will buy em biggrin.gif

i have a 50m flat, and i think there are more guitars per room than people + animals.

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bossie
Aug 10 2011, 04:52 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 10 2011, 03:44 AM) *
why? too old to be played? or?

because if they are old, i will buy em biggrin.gif

i have a 50m flat, and i think there are more guitars per room than people + animals.

Great!..no just low budgets from early days...alltough there's a nice les paul with a broken neck..i fell down the stairs with it. mellow.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:17 PM