> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Winter Tune, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

IceThrone
Sep 1 2016, 06:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Winter Tune by Piotr Kaczor

This is my second attempt, her is the previous https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57265 Thank you so much for the valuable feedback, this time around I took extra time to work on vibrato and pay attention to bends. There was a hiccup at the end, but the take was good enough.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57265

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2016, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I can notice improvements regarding the elements that I've marked in the previous take but there is still more work to do on each of those aspects. The rhythm part is better, but there are still issues regarding timing, besides of the most obvious things (marked by your face, haha).

The solo part is also better regarding pitch and vibrato, which means that you've been working with both things in mind, but there are still moments where timing is not tight, as well as some parts that need to sound clearer.

I think that the next step is to isolate the trickier parts and divide your practice on this lesson in two blocks, the first one with repetitive loops of the tricky sections and the second part playing the whole lesson to connect everything.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 2 2016, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Hi, the overall performance is a bit better but there's three crucial elements that are seemingly refusing to catch up! smile.gif

- Main riff. Those chords at 0:19 are still giving you some trouble so really grind down on them and get them sounding exactly like Piotr does. It's mainly that chord after the Am that screws you up.

- Wrong notes. There's quite a few notes that are being played on the wrong frets.

- Lack of bending on that last lead phrase. The lead section from 1:25 until the end is definitely out of control so it needs a lot of attention on it.

The trills are sounding good, though!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 3 2016, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Hey there!
We have to be honest with you that's why we won't hide that it's still not perfect though...all your practise did not go for waste. There's a visible improvement in both sections. From the video we can clearly how your facial exprecion detect some of the issues - the biggst ones, where you were sure you've missed to hit the note precisely timing-wise or sync-wise.

Your right hand looks tensed and it may cause some timing and sync issues. I think you need to check out some right hand workouts like one direction picking with palm muting. Once you wokr out the mechanics of it, you'll have no longer any problems.

The biggest problem is in the end while you start to bend one string over another ringing out. This is where you should focus most at the moment.

All this may saound bad but it's not that bad at all. You have improved all the aspects mentioned in previous take. They just still need some work because it's all like in the half way to be perfect smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 4 2016, 08:36 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 PM