Piano Is Lame !, Sorry Mistheria ;)
Keilnoth
Nov 2 2009, 08:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Woaw :

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 2 2009, 08:55 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Looks like a serious set of spasm in the left hand which in some occasions transfers to the whole body tongue.gif
Only his right-arm remaining focused biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 2 2009, 09:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Piano rules sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Matt23
Nov 2 2009, 09:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Watched it right through to the end and I don't see how it makes piano playing lame myself.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 2 2009, 09:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Some great playing there smile.gif

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Nov 2 2009, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
See those little buttons and the squeeze box on that thing? Some of those things actually do have keys that appear similarly to the piano. But, this is by no means a piano, but an accordion. AN ACCORDION. Damn It, An Accordion! ha ha ha biggrin.gif No offense to the Maestro could possibly come from this post - rise above it, dude. Piano is a great medium and basis for all music. The accordion, well, it doesn't look easy - but neither is standing on your ear. Neither of which I care to try personally, but the effort and talent involved is commendable on a professional level. Hang loose, bro... cool.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 2 2009, 11:35 PM
GMC:er
I want him on the next album of my band!! Hahaha

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 3 2009, 12:17 AM
Instructor
It's a really popular instrument with our local folk musicians/bands, I've seen some crazy stuff done with them wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Artemus
Nov 3 2009, 02:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Ahem! No. The piano rules and combining accordian and piano is cool; you get a piano accordian biggrin.gif (an instrument I was once quite proficient at and will uphold its legitimacy as a cool instrument)
Here's the proof:

..and it's a fact: real men play accordians. I'll let Turisas show you! laugh.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 3 2009, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Artemus @ Nov 3 2009, 01:25 AM) *
..and it's a fact: real men play accordians.

My Mum is a self-taught piano-accordianist and will blow spots off some people who just think they can play!!!
Seriously!!!
She's 75 this Dec!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Nov 3 2009, 02:36 AM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 3 2009, 05:57 AM
Instructor
Emir showed me this one when I was staying at his place recently in London, cheers bro. biggrin.gif

Enjoy till the end, do not quite before the end! wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 3 2009, 12:08 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 3 2009, 04:57 AM) *
Emir showed me this one when I was staying at his place recently in London, cheers bro. biggrin.gif

Spoiler alert!
He was playing the flight of the bumblebee? laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Nov 4 2009, 08:46 PM
Keyboard Instructor
Hello to all here!

Why "Sorry Mistheria"? :-)

I love Accordion and you know why? I started my music life playing Accordion when I was 7... I played Accordion for 15 years, I had concerts and I won several Accordion competitions as well. It has been my introduction to the Music and, if I am here today teaching at GMC, it is because my dad (that lucky day) put on me his Accordion...

Accordion is a fantastic instrument that, for long time, has been "rated" as Folk instrument and, in some words, 2nd (maybe 3rd) category of instrument. Instead, it features extraordinary and wonderful qualities, such as some of that in the first video of this topic (btw, yes that boy played really great this Vivaldi concerto arrangement!).

That "effect" you are talking about is named "BELLOW SHAKE" and it consists to hold the same note/chord during the bellow (the middle part of Accordion that makes the air) is opened<>closed with the left arm, something like when guitar players pick two times (down/up) the same note/chord. Yes, it is really great technique (I used it as well) with a great "virtuoso" impact! ;-)

However, I never think that one instrument is better or worse than another one, simply them are different (fortunately) and each instrument keeps its beautiful and unique features, exactly these differences between instruments (and musicians) make the Music so unique and so lovable Art.

This post has been edited by Maestro Mistheria: Nov 4 2009, 08:48 PM

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Nov 4 2009, 09:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Obviously, the title of this topic was a joke. wink.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 4 2009, 10:01 PM
Instructor
awesome!!! love the accordion too!!!

specially in folk metal music!!!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 17 2009, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 3 2009, 05:57 AM) *

that guy is freaking amazing! wish there was someone like that in the family haha

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 17 2009, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maestro Mistheria @ Nov 4 2009, 07:46 PM) *
Hello to all here!

Why "Sorry Mistheria"? :-)

I love Accordion and you know why? I started my music life playing Accordion when I was 7... I played Accordion for 15 years, I had concerts and I won several Accordion competitions as well. It has been my introduction to the Music and, if I am here today teaching at GMC, it is because my dad (that lucky day) put on me his Accordion...

Accordion is a fantastic instrument that, for long time, has been "rated" as Folk instrument and, in some words, 2nd (maybe 3rd) category of instrument. Instead, it features extraordinary and wonderful qualities, such as some of that in the first video of this topic (btw, yes that boy played really great this Vivaldi concerto arrangement!).

That "effect" you are talking about is named "BELLOW SHAKE" and it consists to hold the same note/chord during the bellow (the middle part of Accordion that makes the air) is opened<>closed with the left arm, something like when guitar players pick two times (down/up) the same note/chord. Yes, it is really great technique (I used it as well) with a great "virtuoso" impact! ;-)

However, I never think that one instrument is better or worse than another one, simply them are different (fortunately) and each instrument keeps its beautiful and unique features, exactly these differences between instruments (and musicians) make the Music so unique and so lovable Art.

Great post bro. I agree 100%. Every instrument has something special about it.

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Nov 3 2009, 04:57 AM) *

This Romanian guy is a killer smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:02 AM