Final Mixes For My Album
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2010, 05:29 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Some of you might know that recently I started working on recording and releasing an album. I have begun that, and Id like to show 2 tracks from the "album", called "A Shadow Over Sol". The biggest change is the guitar tone, which I re did from scratch, and the drum sound, which is an entirely new VST called Steven Slate Drums.

Both songs are up on my myspace, Drift Of Light, and Pair Annihilation.

http://www.myspace.com/lascaillesshroud

PS

These are final mixes, I still have yet to find someone that can offer some mastering touches to it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 7 2010, 01:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Sounds good mate! smile.gif
You should talk to Tony about the mastering, he's good!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 7 2010, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 7 2010, 07:00 AM) *
Sounds good mate! smile.gif
You should talk to Tony about the mastering, he's good!

who's tony?, i might need some mastering too smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 7 2010, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 7 2010, 05:07 PM) *
who's tony?, i might need some mastering too smile.gif

Tony Miro from these forums smile.gif
He's good!

Link to his profile: HERE! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 7 2010, 06:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Tony is awesome, he has such good knowledge and some REAL outstanding gear to make those masters sounds terrifc! :-)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 7 2010, 06:40 PM
Instructor
thanks guys, dropped him a line smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 7 2010, 06:59 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Thank you Staffy and Audiopaal for the kind words and compliments smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2010, 07:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Guitars sound great mate! I like the mixes. Only the drums don't sound best IMO, have you tried using Superior Drummer VST ( http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=51 ) ???

Regarding mastering, I can also recommend Tony! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 7 2010, 08:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 7 2010, 07:49 PM) *
Guitars sound great mate! I like the mixes. Only the drums don't sound best IMO, have you tried using Superior Drummer VST ( http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=51 ) ???

Regarding mastering, I can also recommend Tony! smile.gif

+1 on Superior, they sounds awesome, also BFD2 have some killer metal drums, although I think Superior are more realistic and the cymbals are better....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 7 2010, 08:27 PM
I have to disagree smile.gif

Steven Slate drums sound WAY better than superior drummer in my opinion.
If you compare the dry samples next to eachother you'd hear that.
The drums might not sit in the mix as well as they should, but then so would Superior smile.gif

Maybe try another kit, I think that could help lots actually!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 7 2010, 10:36 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've only had SSD for about 3 days so I'm still using "defaults" for now. I've started making my own kit, But its going to be a while before its done. Trying to find all the right pieces that give the kit that "oomph" I'm looking for! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 8 2010, 01:30 AM
Instructor
Even basic EZD can be good if you can mix it properly. But I agree that Superior Drummer sounds nice. The basic dry set with added bleed is a good place to start with, but you have to route it into daw and mix it there. It spends the recourses, but hey if you want your drums to sound good, better dedicate special project to them wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 13 2010, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 8 2010, 01:30 AM) *
Even basic EZD can be good if you can mix it properly. But I agree that Superior Drummer sounds nice. The basic dry set with added bleed is a good place to start with, but you have to route it into daw and mix it there. It spends the recourses, but hey if you want your drums to sound good, better dedicate special project to them wink.gif

Agreed to that!

nice recordings on the myspace!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Staffy
Mar 13 2010, 06:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 7 2010, 08:27 PM) *
I have to disagree smile.gif

Steven Slate drums sound WAY better than superior drummer in my opinion.
If you compare the dry samples next to eachother you'd hear that.
The drums might not sit in the mix as well as they should, but then so would Superior smile.gif

Maybe try another kit, I think that could help lots actually!

Its ofc. what You shall use them for, Superior may not be good for heavy music - if You don't run DFH ofc., or other samples availbale.
What I like bout Superior is the "natural" sound and the cymbals, most drum software has terrible cymbals....
The second issue here is really the programming, in order to make it sound like a drummer playing, it's necessary with some very time-consuming editing, which make me believe that it is in fact easier to hire a real drummer, if its affordable.

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:53 AM