Do You Ever Win Competitions ?
Ben Higgins
Aug 31 2012, 10:35 AM
Instructor
Are you the sort of person who enters competitions ? Have you ever won any significant competitions before ?

It's not something I've ever really done but now I'm thinking of doing it more often. I guess it comes down to whether you view yourself as a lucky person or unlucky person.. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 31 2012, 02:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I once won a GMC competition!

But I'm not much of a coompetitive guy, so I usually don't enter any competitions.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Aug 31 2012, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
I have neve joined one of those "guitarists competitions", (but I would like to start joining them!) but I joined many with my band and we won some of them and lose in other ones. Competitions are good for getting free press.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 31 2012, 11:50 PM
Learning Roadie
I never seem to win much of anything in life. Of course, I have won a Tube Screamer and POD GX with POD Farm before - here at GMC! biggrin.gif POD Farm was my lifesaver since I didn't know how amp sims worked. I was able to just dive right in. (Didn't know free ones existed)

I enter giveaways and sweepstakes all the time (more like fairly often) and I don't win anything. I have gotten a free cookie before for filling out a Subway (the sandwich restaurant) survey. tongue.gif

I don't really enter those guitar competitions because I don't feel able to win. Those winners are always flooring me with their skills and/or musical ideas.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 1 2012, 12:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The prize of the competition is merely motivation to get yourself to enter to hear worthwhile criticisms on your playing. I usually don't enter as most competitions dont have anything I even want.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 1 2012, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
in 99 the band I was in won "battle of the bands " here in kansas
the grand prize was to play the Oz fest ( I know what you are thinking, not the "ozzy'" oz fest , but the Land of Oz fest
it still rocked , we played the main stage before a couple of signed bands and Hagar headlined the evening

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 1 2012, 02:34 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Talking about luck, once I opened a biased lottery while I was a kid. That too I didn't win. sad.gif

While GMC competitions have less entries (I have won 2 so far), major competitions have a lot of entries. I don't have skills yet to win any of these competitions.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:52 PM