Gary Moore Tone
hansome21
Apr 27 2009, 02:11 AM
GMC:er
So I have been listening to a lot of Gary Moore lately, and playing a lot too. More specifically, Still Got the Blues. You see I've been in love with the way bends and good vibrato sound my entire life, I learned how to do them off the Bending Heaven lesson here, its great...

anyways, I have a digitech rp250 and I cannot get a good Gary Moore tone, especially on the bends. I can get the vibrato pretty well, but the tone is just off. It has too much bite, ya know? Too much high end. Its how I imagine the tone for the climax in a heavy metal solo would sound. My settings right now are set up the same way Ivan has them in this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sound-tutorial/ . I know that its a different type of pedal he has going there, but mine has very similar settings so I just went for it.

Long story short, the tone is no where near what I want. Should I start from scratch? should I just adjust a few things?right now, out of my rp250, these settings make my bends sound to sharp and screechy, especially at high volumes. I usually play metal so I have no idea how to get this pure, deep, bright tone wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 01:03 PM