2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Buying Hell!, Bought a new strat....never showed up!
Hammerhead
Apr 30 2009, 03:25 AM
GMC:er
A lesson for you all, from me. I bought a guitar from Instrumentpro on March 7th. It was listed as in stock. When I checked to confim my order the next working day (purchase was made on line), their records showed a different neck (rosewood not maple) was purchased... Hmmmm, my receipt showed the correct guitar. Next I was told that the guitar I wanted was not in stock but would be in a week. A week later when I called they said it's not in stock, it'll be another week...hmmm well when I called the next week they said it'll be 2-3 weeks. Hmmmmm.Almost 2 months later on April 28th I got an email stating that my order had been shipped! Yeah now we're talking. So I called to check the delivery time. Well it wasn't shipped they said... mad.gif "but it sure will ship tomorrow and then we will send you a tracking # via email so you will know how long it will take to get to you door!" Well o.k. so I never got the tracking email.... Hmmmm. So yes I called to see what the status of the order was. When I asked about the tracking # the REP got smart with me and "informed" me that I had never received a shipping confirmation because they don't send those out, all I would ever get is a tracking #!!!!!! mad.gif I tried not to blow my top and explained that I had if fact received a shipping confirmation, and was told that the guitar had not yet shipped Blah Blah Blah! After he looked it up he confessed that it could be several days before it ships!?!?!

It's now a couple of days from May and No guitar! Ahhhhh. wacko.gif so I went online and "googled" Review Instrumentpro. Well lets just say I'm not alone in this experience. Some reviewers even recommend that you run away from Instrumentpro! So if you want to order a guitar never use Instumentpro and just google a review of the store or company you're thinking of working with... you may save yourself a lot of time and energy. With the internet there is power.... so use the force (of the internet) young Jedi!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Apr 30 2009, 03:26 AM

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SensE
Apr 30 2009, 03:36 AM
This is a hella pain experience. Thank you for your advise. When I buying stuffs online, seller reputation is the first thing I check. I would rather pay a little more than having bad seller. Good luck with you, pal

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 30 2009, 03:51 AM
Ouch, I hope he burns in hell.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 30 2009, 03:58 AM
WOW that is amazingly awful

ive never heard of such bad service...you should threaten a law suit and see what they do

under section 2 of the UCC:

(to put it in light terms) business must be done as usual (sorry i cant remember the long technical term for it)

meaning, if they say its going to ship, they have to ship it, if it says its in stock, it has to be instock believe it or not, a order sheet, confirmation, or even a catalog is a type of contract!

if there was a natural disaster such as a flood preventing them from shipping it, then they would be excluded from this law, but since i doubt after a months they couldnt ship it, its likely they are just doing bad business

^^^^^^^^
glad i payed attention in business law class!

This post has been edited by Marc_Maiden: Apr 30 2009, 03:59 AM

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 30 2009, 07:06 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Stuff like that makes me so mad mad.gif
Hope you get your guitar eventually..

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 30 2009, 07:34 AM
I have had great service from both American Musical, and Musician's Friend. Maybe a dozen times. I have bought from the latter recently as they are located 40 miles from me in Kansas City, so I get it next day usually. But American Musical is really good, I have heard good things from others also about them.

Never heard of these guys that you bought from.

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Apr 29 2009, 09:58 PM) *
WOW that is amazingly awful

ive never heard of such bad service...you should threaten a law suit and see what they do

They pay for their lawyers, and know how much it costs to justify action, much less across state lines.

In general, if being nice don't do it, it ain't gonna happen, and if you try to play hardball, they just figure you are going to give them a bad review anyway, and will just figure to hell with you.

Always buy with a credit card, and just call the credit card company and get your money back. Don't work with Paypal, work with your own credit card company. Let them take care of it.

edit:

btw, the above advice is from my brother, a Lawyer, Harvard educated.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 30 2009, 07:39 AM

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 30 2009, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Thats just awfull to hear........

I feel really sorry for you

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 30 2009, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Damn, horrible experience,
I hope it'll arrive soon... ohmy.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 30 2009, 08:55 AM
He realy should burn in hell. thanks for your recommendation, and good luck mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 30 2009, 09:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Dishonest people suck !!!

If you payed with credit card, contact the creditcard company and ask them to withdraw the payment and put it back on your card.

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Apr 30 2009, 09:39 AM
Thats a horrible story, but I hope your guitar will arrive soon.

You should really do a good research, before chosing a dealer to buy from. MusiciansFriend, music123, thomannmusicstore and some others , are usually bretty safe and with good customer service.

This is really frustraiting to deal with something like this. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Apr 30 2009, 09:52 AM
Instructor
I hope you will solve the problem and get either the guitar or money back, if you paid via PayPal you can get your money back easily smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 30 2009, 11:49 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm I think you should wait a day or two to see if its shipped and then go to your credit card company and ask for money back because of fraud!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 30 2009, 12:08 PM
What a crappy set-up!!!!!! I hope you everything works out for you!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 30 2009, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Oh man, I hate these experiences, sorry to hear that. But don't worry mate, some time will pass and you will get your axe. Every experience like this is valuable cause you are more careful next time. wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
May 13 2009, 12:18 AM
Thank you all for your support!.... It did finally arrive & I am the proud owner of the Malmsteen Stratocaster in Sonic Blue!
Yes sir and the guitar is great! There is a thread (Review) going about the 09 malmsteen (strat) if you want to search for it, I believe it is in our gear forum, By Gary. I've put my 2 cents in. I"ve not even had it a week yet and I've played it about 20 hours. I ended up taking a sick day when it arrived! That is the best SICK DAY in the world! Amen! biggrin.gif

I knew it would show up sooner or later, so I'm happy cause I saved $700 of the new list price (read the thread by Gary for details). So no Complaints there! Just wish companies would be straight up, and not play the blame game when orders aren't shipping out. They even tried to blame me? Any how... here is a pic.

I can say that I have had fantastic luck with Zzounds. They handle returns and orders promptly. And NO attitude.

Aloha til next time,

Robert

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
May 13 2009, 12:46 AM
its pretty smile.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 13 2009, 01:02 AM
Instructor
That's awesome man, and I'm glad the shopping experience was nice as well, this is very important. Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kahall
May 13 2009, 05:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Hammerhead @ May 12 2009, 06:18 PM) *
I knew it would show up sooner or later, so I'm happy cause I saved $700 of the new list price (read the thread by Gary for details).

Robert

I'm glad it worked out. Very nice guitar!

I noticed that price increase on all the Fenders to. What is the reason for that? It was not just a little increase it was hundreds of $ overnight.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
May 13 2009, 06:41 AM
Kahall,
I'm not sure why the price increase. For this guitar alone it was an increase of $700. That's huge! At first I thought it was a misprint! I would have thought they might try to cut prices in this economy unsure.gif

Robert

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:29 PM