> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Picking Hand Basics, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 2

Adam
Sep 15 2019, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Picking Hand Basics by Ben Higgins

Movie Maker gave me some trouble syncing the backing track with video but I think it's fine now.
EDIT: turns out the final compilation video is still out of sync though it was alright in the creator.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59769

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Adam: Sep 17 2019, 01:37 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2019, 04:49 AM
GMC:er
It sounds like you are just a pinch behind the beat the entire time. I'm not talking about the video but the audio. Instead of playing on the beat, you are lagging the beat by just a pinch. I'd say this one is not quite ready for sharing yet and needs a bit more time in the oven! Try to play a bit ahead of the beat, that might make it sound more lined up. Once more in to the breach Soldier!!

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 15 2019, 06:56 PM) *
Original lesson: Picking Hand Basics by Ben Higgins

Movie Maker gave me some trouble syncing the backing track with video but I think it's fine now.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59769

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2019, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Adam!

I've saw your playing over this one at the mentoring program but you weren't playing over the backing. Here I can notice your timing issues. There is still work to do in order to polish each rhythm pattern used here. The lesson combines 8th, 16th, and triplets, and you have to switch from one to the other in a very smooth way.

I recommend you to dedicate some time to practice each rhythm pattern over metronome. Some minutes for each. Then, practice combining 2 of them, to finally get back to the whole lesson.

Once you get used to rhythm, it's important to put some focus on dynamics. Listen to the original take and see how Ben accentuates the first note of each group of 2 8th notes, 4 16th notes and 3 triplets.

Let me know if this is clear and let's continue working on this one at the mentoring thread!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 19 2019, 09:04 AM
GMC Founder
I agree with what's been said - and I also want to add that this lesson is your perfect opportunity to make sure:

* your right hand is totally relaxed

* your right hand movement is as small as possible

* there are no sync issues (ie you hit a string before you had a chance to fret it with your left hand).

All of the above need work - and rather than grade I am going to close the thread and encourage to give it some more practicing.

Keep up the good work Adam!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:21 AM