Nazgul (new Duncan Pickup)
Todd Simpson
May 4 2013, 05:56 AM
GMC:er
DUNCAN has jumped on the 7/8 string Pickup bandwagon and started making almost "Boutique" style high gain 7/8 pickups called NAZGUL (Very Metal Sounding eh? From Lord of the Rings.) and PEGASUS.

This is one of the fastest growing segments of the pickup market just now since bands like Periphery/Meshuggah are influencing players and some folks start out on a 7 or 8 (Though I'd not suggest it) because the bands they like play them. Who can blame em? smile.gif

Here is a link with info.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/elec..._string_pegasu/

Here is a pic. They do look spiff!!!!
Attached Image

And here is a playthrough vid with Keith and Ola (who else?) Keith actually works for Duncan now I gather.

Anyone tried these out by chance? They seem to sound about like a DUNCAN DISTORTION with a bit more bottom end and bite.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Todd Simpson
May 7 2013, 01:52 AM
GMC:er
I"m going to be trying some "Boutique" Pickups that are designed to compete directly with the NAZGUL and LUNDGREN pickups. I'm very curious to see how they stack up!!!!

I know all this is probably a bit too "Pickup Nerd" for most folks. For a long time, EMG pickups were about as "specialty" as I wanted to get as far as pickups and I didn't really get the whole "Alnico VS Ceramic" magnet debate. But as I keep learning more about pickups, the more in to it I get smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 4 2013, 12:56 AM) *
DUNCAN has jumped on the 7/8 string Pickup bandwagon and started making almost "Boutique" style high gain 7/8 pickups called NAZGUL (Very Metal Sounding eh? From Lord of the Rings.) and PEGASUS.

This is one of the fastest growing segments of the pickup market just now since bands like Periphery/Meshuggah are influencing players and some folks start out on a 7 or 8 (Though I'd not suggest it) because the bands they like play them. Who can blame em? smile.gif

Here is a link with info.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/elec..._string_pegasu/

Here is a pic. They do look spiff!!!!
Attached Image

And here is a playthrough vid with Keith and Ola (who else?) Keith actually works for Duncan now I gather.

Anyone tried these out by chance? They seem to sound about like a DUNCAN DISTORTION with a bit more bottom end and bite.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:26 PM