Twist's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Dec 1 2009, 05:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Twist

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 1 2009, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
Hello Emir!

I am realy happy that i got a place in the MTP with you!

I am playing guitar for about 13 years now, with huge pauses in between. I started with a few years acoustic guitar lessons and then switched to electric guitar around 2000 or 2001, didnt remeber it exactly. 3 years ago i started to be "serious" about learning guitar and it was a slow process from then to now.

Musical Styles, Music that i like
As i wrote in the application thread it can be summarized with "metal". I got into metal with the first Hammerfall album and worked my way from there to Gamma Ray and Helloween into the german powermetal bands. This still is my preferred style of music but i also listen to many rock and hardrock stuff and also some new metal, metalcore and sometimes death and speedmetal stuff. My one clear main influence is Kai Hansen, the lead singer and guitarist of Gamma Ray.

My status
As i am not that good in describing my skills i made a short video of me playing some stuff, gmc lessons, bits and pieces of songs and random stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIW_aTU1mzE

I took everything as it comes, no rerecording and no polishing, i wanted to clearly show where i am currently. I played on my thrustworthy Charvel Model 3DR and my Noname Gibsonfake and recorded through a Zoom G2.1U. As you can hear, finding the right setting for the effects is one of my lesser evolved skills.

Besides the practical playing i have a foundation in theory but nothing to special.

What i want to work on
On this part i am not realy sure. But only because i am not sure which one is the biggest problem. I think left right hand synchronicity is a problem, speed in both hands, precision in both hands as well as improvising. Maybe you can point out whats the biggest problem by taking a look at the video?

I hope this gives you an idea about me and my skills. If i forgot anything important, please point it out and i will write it too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 2 2009, 01:55 AM
Instructor
Hi and thanks for the info.

I have checked the video and there is some very cool stuff but there are many things you can work on. Feel, vibrato, picking... I will make something for you within the next couple of days and I'll open the assignment thread.

We'll do an assignment every week and you're supposed to post one lesson for the REC program every week. That doesn't need to be my leson but those are the new MTP rules which we should follow. I can help you with anything you chose. Keep this thread for discussion and post your final work on the assignment thread (when I open it).

Talk soon smile.gif

edit: Just a quick correction - REC take is once a month not week smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Dec 2 2009, 12:21 PM

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 2 2009, 02:11 PM
Hi,

i am realy looking forward to start this!

And i am eased to see that its one REC per month smile.gif One per week would be quite hard work wink.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 2 2009, 02:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (twist @ Dec 2 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Hi,

i am realy looking forward to start this!

And i am eased to see that its one REC per month smile.gif One per week would be quite hard work wink.gif

Yeah, it would be hard for me as well smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 06:37 PM
Instructor
Hi

Do you want to start sweep picking series that I am doing with some other guys? Check Jakub's thread and see if you like that concept. I think that's good to start with. Also lest me know what you have picked for the REC take.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 3 2009, 09:28 PM
Hi,

yeah sweep picking would be great thats a topic i wanted to learn for a long time now but never realy got it. So, should i just copy the first assignment from jakub or do you think i should start a little bit different from that?

For the REC take i would prefer something simple, like the Basic Metal Rhythm Guitar lesson by Markus Siepen. What do you think of that? or should it be something related to the assignment?

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Ok lets start then smile.gif

Your first assignment is on Sunday - 6th December. Play only the 1st part in 130bpm. The week after we will play the same thing in 155 and the second video in 130. Post the final work in your assignment thread.

REC take can be anything. You can take Marcus' lesson, that sounds cool smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 4 2009, 02:14 PM
Hi,

i started to practise the sweep stuff yesterday and i cant get it up to speed. 130 bpm is ver hard for me right now, i can play it almost nice at 100 bpm. Can you give me some advise on how to improve speed?

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 5 2009, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (twist @ Dec 4 2009, 01:14 PM) *
Hi,

i started to practise the sweep stuff yesterday and i cant get it up to speed. 130 bpm is ver hard for me right now, i can play it almost nice at 100 bpm. Can you give me some advise on how to improve speed?

Well the only advice is to practice smile.gif Start with 80 then play for 20min. Then increase speed to 90 then spend another 20 min until you feel that you're comfortable. Eventualy you will hit that 130 in a day or two smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
twist
Dec 5 2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, i figured that out smile.gif I started from 80 and got to 100 without problems, the next steps were harder but i managed to get up to 130. I still have some problems now and then but i think i can nail the 130bpm by tomorrow evening.

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 6 2009, 02:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (twist @ Dec 5 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Yeah, i figured that out smile.gif I started from 80 and got to 100 without problems, the next steps were harder but i managed to get up to 130. I still have some problems now and then but i think i can nail the 130bpm by tomorrow evening.

Great smile.gif This system works for me as well smile.gif Gradually speeding up

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2010, 12:25 AM
Instructor
Hi

Sorry for being this late. I was busy as hell and I still am. We can continue where we stopped last time if you are happy. We can still treat this as our old MTP phase as Kristofer approved that I can finish that up with you guys together with some new members. Let me know either way so we can move on or lock the topic smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:38 PM