most fun song to play, what is yours
moorkop
Jan 20 2007, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
addition to the hardest song you can play

Mine i'd say: probably be voodoo child cause the wah's so great
but anything with wah is ultimate fun i guess laugh.gif
without wah it could be any heavy riffed song i guess
it used to be the audioslave riff from freelicks (when i was a beginner guitarist, i didn't know any other very cool riffs)

this one is probably easier to find than the hardest song, its the song you think of playing after a hard day of work biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 20 2007, 11:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Right now it's Bark at the moon (Ozzy). I'm a big fan of Jake E Lee and that song has some fast rhythm and semi quick runs and solo.
Also a fan of Randy Rhoads but Bark at the moon comes sligtly before Crazy Train and Mr Crowley

I'm also trying Yngwies - Far beyond the sun but I don't master that one... YET!!! ;-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jan 21 2007, 12:07 AM
Buckethead - Hog Bitch Stomp smile.gif (especially super fast)

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Jan 21 2007, 12:16 AM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 21 2007, 01:13 AM
Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.
Whenever I pick up the guitar I strum a few bars of that.
Its about the only song I can actually play and sing (you dont wanna here MY singing though !)
Also having a lot of fun with American Pie the old Don Mcclean juke box classic. (that has helped my fast chord changes no end)
I think I am turning into a folk guitar player...lol

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
This Dougs For U
Jan 21 2007, 01:26 AM
Lately I've been having alot of fun with Mr Brownstone. It's so groovin'. Has a great wah solo too. It took me awhile to convince my band to play this, but I'm glad they finally agreed.

Bark at the Moon is also one of my favs to play, as i just learned it fair recently. I can play the whole song fine, except for the main guitar solo. I've seen the tab, but I'm having major problems with it, due to it having many fast runs. It makes the tab confusing to me. I'd love to see a Freelicks or GMC breakdown of the solo. I'm sure there are many others who would too biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.myspace.com/autumnriseband

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 21 2007, 02:18 AM
Instructor
Here is the song i like to play the most, it's my song still unfinished but this is the first part of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73Jwky9dKA

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 21 2007, 03:19 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 21 2007, 02:18 AM) *
Here is the song i like to play the most, it's my song still unfinished but this is the first part of it:

Great, Very dream theater

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 21 2007, 03:52 AM
Instructor
I don't think Dream Theater has anything to do with that song smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 21 2007, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 21 2007, 03:52 AM) *
I don't think Dream Theater has anything to do with that song smile.gif

I never said it did.. I said it sounded like something Dream Theater would do.. which is a compliment if you didn't notice..

+Quote Post
TheNung89
Jan 21 2007, 04:16 AM
Most fun song? Dani California with my band, by far. I love that.

Hardest? Damn, I dunno. Maybe Holy Wars by Megadeth or something.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 21 2007, 05:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Why @ Jan 21 2007, 04:03 AM) *
I never said it did.. I said it sounded like something Dream Theater would do.. which is a compliment if you didn't notice..

OK cool! It's just i listen to DT for a long time now and didn't notice anything like this - but if it reminds you of DT than great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
Jan 21 2007, 08:12 AM
That's one of my favorites too! biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2007, 04:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 21 2007, 02:18 AM) *

Cool! As soon as a rock guitarist starts do more advanced stuff than standard chords it gets a slightly "progressive" sound, I liked this alot.

I also liked you other vids - you speedpicking is really cool. smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 23 2007, 04:30 AM
I'm actually gonna go with something as easy as Black Sabbath - Iron Man.

You cannot deny the heaviness and the grovefactor that is black sabbath riffs and Iron Man just hits the spot in so many ways.

Also if you're swedish you can sing "Jaag ääär jäärnmannen, nanana nanana järnmannen!" along with the main riff. For that special effect of goofiness. My gf loves when I do that. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 24 2007, 09:55 PM
Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 25 2007, 05:57 AM
theres nothing like playing C.R.E.A.M after comming home from school. I also like to play some sludge metal ala Crowbar/Down/Eyehategod/Soilent Green because it releives a lot of anger. Good ol groovy heavy chords to sum up a night.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 25 2007, 06:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 22 2007, 04:20 PM) *
Cool! As soon as a rock guitarist starts do more advanced stuff than standard chords it gets a slightly "progressive" sound, I liked this alot.
I also liked you other vids - you speedpicking is really cool. smile.gif

Yeah well when you learn how to extend and experiment with the chords than it is real fun to play some rythm sections with some "progressive" chords like that. That one was heavily inspired by Steve Vai's - "Boy From Seattle" and Eric Johnson's "Manhattan".

As for speedpicking - been working a lot on speedpicking after that video was recorded so i'll upload one of my recent licks into the metronome sticky very soon.

Thx for the comment. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jan 25 2007, 06:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
dogman
Jan 25 2007, 09:17 AM
I always like to start practice with highway to hell or the girls got rhythm. alittle AC/DC is always a good way to warm up and get in the rockin mood.

I'd have to say the most challenging that I finally mastered would have to be Deep Purple's
"Knockin at your back door" from the album Perfect Strangers. That is some serious playing

but the favorite all time jam that has ended many a practice is a nice little medley of Freebird, Uncle Ted's Stranglehold & Rush's Working Man.

Which usually lasts about an hour or until I almost pass out from exhaustion.... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by dogman: Jan 25 2007, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
mordred
Jan 25 2007, 12:09 PM
Funnest?

For me, it's "Flight of Icarus" by Iron Maiden. It's easy and sounds cool to. Let's you relax and just have fun.

I'm always smiling when I play that song for some reason.

Ward the Impaler smile.gif

--------------------

Ward the Impaler

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:59 AM