Advice Again
Drakett
Mar 17 2007, 08:51 PM
GMC:er
ok any of you that know avenged sevenfold A.K.a A7x in the song the beast and the harlot synyster does a nice solo, and i have the solo on guitar pro and im looping it but at a slower pace doing it over and over s the program does it with me over and over and i start feelling like a burning feelling in my fretting hand does this mean its working and should i continue doing it or stop? blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 17 2007, 09:22 PM
GMC Founder
As soon as you feel pain you should stop. Don't start again until your hand feels ok.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
moorkop
Mar 17 2007, 09:39 PM
if you feel pain when you start playing it, but not when playing other stuff, you might position your hand wrong
however, always listen to kris

very important is to reach a certain level of relaxed playing
this ofcourse also comes over time, but you should always work towards a better technique(not faster) and a more comfortable feeling when playing

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
Drakett
Mar 17 2007, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (moorkop @ Mar 17 2007, 08:39 PM) *
if you feel pain when you start playing it, but not when playing other stuff, you might position your hand wrong
however, always listen to kris

very important is to reach a certain level of relaxed playing
this ofcourse also comes over time, but you should always work towards a better technique(not faster) and a more comfortable feeling when playing

my friend said eventually the pattern im doing wil beome more esier beacuse my muscle memory wil get used to it so it iwlbe esier m and he said that if i use the right technique i can be better overall so could somebody tell me the right technique to pracctice so i can play a solo lick faster than playing pattern at a time over and over the nextp attern over and over?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 18 2007, 12:55 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Your muscles probably arent used to it yet, after youve done it a few times, the pain should back off, but if it persists and is really painful, stop...Once, i was just having a good day on my guitar, and after a few hours, my fretting hands wrist started to burn, but i kept playing anyway, i was just having such a damn good guitar day, the next morning i woke up and my wrist had seized up and was in excruciating pain, i couldnt play for 3 days, and almost risked surgery.

+Quote Post
Drakett
Mar 18 2007, 01:33 PM
ouch that msut have sucked, the ncould some1 give me somethign to practice to help me overall improve so i can be bale to play solos esier and other things esier and faster/cleaner

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 19 2007, 10:08 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
When i get bored in school i stretch my arms and wrists and all the muscles in between, and before i play i stretch my arms, back, neck, and legs and basically all my muscles, it really helps

+Quote Post
n0x
Mar 19 2007, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 20 2007, 01:08 AM) *
When i get bored in school i stretch my arms and wrists and all the muscles in between, and before i play i stretch my arms, back, neck, and legs and basically all my muscles, it really helps

Yeah stretching works miracles. Buy yourself a wristband, a tight one. Preferably one that u can adjust. It will take all the pressure of ur wrists when you are playing!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Mar 20 2007, 06:50 AM
QUOTE (n0x @ Mar 19 2007, 04:26 PM) *
Yeah stretching works miracles. Buy yourself a wristband, a tight one. Preferably one that u can adjust. It will take all the pressure of ur wrists when you are playing!

Does this not just force you to use your elbow more which is more of a no-no?

Maybe I just don't get it, *shrug*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:23 PM