Neo-classical Chord Progession ?
Cornelius
Jul 1 2008, 05:15 PM
GMC:er

greetings Marcus biggrin.gif

Whats the basic rule of making an Chord progession over classical music, is there any different...do you just pick some keys and think like this " ahh this is cool..'2 or do you follow some strict rules ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
SKAYE - Accoustic rock, Blues, Slide Guitar Player

Sub me on youtube to keep in touch !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFCbKsIiRpKBb3bS1E34Jg

Homesite : http://skaye.net/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 1 2008, 09:49 PM
Instructor
Hey Cornelius smile.gif

There are lots of classical music with completely different structure in the chord progressions. But for neoclassical guitar it's often the baroque style (Vivaldi, Bach, etc).

Hm... well yes, I guess there are some "rules" like using diminished chords and stuff like that. But I think that the scale is more important, and a simple way to make it sound neoclassic is to use the harmonic minor scale smile.gif So I personally don't follow any strict rules. I usually start with the melody and build a chord progression out of that, and once I got a melody down the chords often comes out very natural.

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 2 2008, 05:48 PM
aahh i see laugh.gif

But for example you got a melody, how so you find out the chords ?
ohmy.gif
that would me helpfull to know?,,,,tnx Marcus smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 3 2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor
"I use my ears" smile.gif
And the method is not different from finding chords for any other music style.

If you got a neoclassic melody, we can figure out some chords together. Then we can analyze it. Maybe that will give you some ideas smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 3 2008, 09:28 PM
Just the answer i was hoping for marcus....its jette bra biggrin.gif ( i speak a litttle swedish hehe ) biggrin.gif

yeah im gonna learn more with this aproach... biggrin.gif ahhh..this is gonna be cool to analyze it togehter...

forexample this melody ( i give you the tab feel free to feel you own rythm mkay...)

e|----------------------------------------7-0-0-8-0-0-10-0-0-8-0-0-0-------------
b|---0-0-7-0-0-8-0-0-10-0-0-7-0-0-0---------------------------------------------
g|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
b|-0-0-7-0-0-8-0-0-10-0-0-8-0-0-7--0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-8-0-0-7-0-0-5-0-0-3-0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-5-0-0-3-
g|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
d|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
a|------------------------------------------------------------------------|

b|--0-0-7-0-0-8-0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-0-3-0-0-5-0-0-2-0-0-3-0-0-0---
g|-----------------------------------|
d|-----------------------------------------|
a|------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------2h3h2----------------------------------------------|
b|-0-0-7-0-0-8-0-0--5-0-0-7-0-0-3-0-0-5-0-0-2-0-0----------------2h3h2--------2-----------------------------|
g|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------3--------3-4----/s--16---------------|
d|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4----------------------------|
a|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

something like that i come up with..nothing good, put if you play it with speed its cinda yngwie like ? well...what are next step now marcus hehe ? rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

e'--2h3h2----------------------------------------------|
h'--------------2h3h2-------- -----------2-----------------------------|
g------------------------------3-------- ------------3 -4----/s--16---------------|
d|------------ --------------------4----------------------------|
a|---------------------------------------------------------|
e|-------------------------------------------------------

corect the last lick hehe smile.gif and the begine its wrong to, but i can gues you know that already... rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 10:13 PM
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 2 2008, 06:48 PM) *
aahh i see laugh.gif

But for example you got a melody, how so you find out the chords ?
ohmy.gif
that would me helpfull to know?,,,,tnx Marcus smile.gif

You make a chord out of some of the notes in the melody.

Sorry for interfering marcus biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 PM