3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Software Tip - Recabinet Sale
JVM
Nov 1 2009, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Attached Image

Could be the tubes. I haven't replaced them since I bought the amp back in January.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 1 2009, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
That's cool. I haven't heard of a speaker mute button before. Handy. I was a bit concerned that you were frying some circuits! tongue.gif At least that has been ruled out of the equation.

Yeah depending on usage you may well be due to replace your original stock tubes. I have learnt that manufacturers no matter the reputation or selling price (Mesa Boogie are no better than any other in this regard) tend to favor cutting costs by fitting units with sub-standard tubes. Totally weird logic to me. You may even find that upon retubing your amp an improvement in tone will be heard.

[EDIT] >> I assume the left-most (from the rear) of the speaker outputs is connected to the internal speaker? I would guess that despite setting your amp to "Silent Recording" mode, it should still be connected to a speaker load? It would be advisable to check the manual on this to see what Mesa has to say about proper connections applicable to your combo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Nov 1 2009, 06:20 PM

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 1 2009, 06:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm. Perhaps I can order some new JJ's next weekend.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 1 2009, 06:30 PM
GMC:er
Good call. Hope it fixes your problem. At least you only have a "few" to replace so all good! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 AM