I Am A Beginner, So I Need Some Answers =), -
Flamo
May 7 2009, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
Hey, I am new here as well to the guitar.. Or quite.
I have played for myself from around Christmas and have learned some new stuff.. Still I need to get answers to thise questions!

-How do you exactly palm mute? I think I may know, but I want to be sure smile.gif
- What should I start with? What I can do now is some chords, also power chord. I can also tapping and some more newb stuff.
- Can you recommend any lessons for me? I am actually a vocalist but I want to play the guitar as well so I want to be an rhythm guitarist. smile.gif

Thanks for your answer smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 7 2009, 06:42 PM
Hey! Good that u came here! It's the right place.

-How do you exactly palm mute? I think I may know, but I want to be sure smile.gif

Well, with your picking hand, you rest the side of your palm just on the bridge, on the strings wile picking. Try it!:)

- What should I start with? What I can do now is some chords, also power chord. I can also tapping and some more newb stuff.

Some not so hihg level lessons maybe, around 4/6 ? And also learn some "easy" songs to practice, to stay occupied and just to learn new stuff.

- Can you recommend any lessons for me? I am actually a vocalist but I want to play the guitar as well so I want to be an rhythm guitarist.

Hmm.... depend's on style. Check out Pedja and Vasilje for Jazz.
Muris for..... anything xD Espescialy (can't spell that) for some crazy picking.
Ivan for alot of Blues oriented stuff.
Lian for METAAAAAl
Carlos for pop/rock/neo class.
Marcus Lavendell, espescially neo classical based stuff!:D

All the other instructors are amazing too, check out Gerardo for acoustic!

Hehe... you'll have fun here!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: May 7 2009, 06:43 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Flamo
May 7 2009, 06:46 PM
Hehe, thanks for you answers smile.gif
I am actually more into the metal style tongue.gif
I have seen some of Lians lessons, it's amazing! Still it's quite hard to play, but I am trying at least =)

+Quote Post
Jesse
May 7 2009, 06:49 PM
Yep, they are quite hard. As for "easy" metal. If you dig this style. I can recommend Enter Sandman from Metallica!
Also, Iron Maiden's the trooper is a good gallop-workout! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 13 2009, 10:30 PM
Starting out guitar is all about getting your fingers into the string intervals and fret assignment.
You should do some excersizes for a week or two, maybe an hour a day or so, and you'll have alot easier time getting into guitar.

When you're not playing, but want to learn, read some theory about chords and how they fit to scales, it's very important for starting out, if you want to get straight into jamming and not asking for tabs and stuff all the time.

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 27 2009, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Flamo @ May 7 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Hey, I am new here as well to the guitar.. Or quite.
I have played for myself from around Christmas and have learned some new stuff.. Still I need to get answers to thise questions!

- Can you recommend any lessons for me? I am actually a vocalist but I want to play the guitar as well so I want to be an rhythm guitarist. smile.gif

Thanks for your answer smile.gif

Palm Muting:

I had a friend ask me this as he was watching me play the other day. It is something that I never really paid attention to but when I am playing, my palm/wrist is almost always on my bridge. I use it to dampen notes that I am not playing, along with using my fretting hand, but also I use it to get that gritty palm mute.

I guess when you learned how to play guitar by learning simple tracks by Korn, Green Day and the like, palm muting becomes second-nature because it is used often in rhythm but is important all-over.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:45 AM