Eric Carmen-sergei Rachmaninov, Obama's Elf reply
Ramiro Delforte
Feb 21 2009, 07:00 AM
Instructor
Recently there was a post about this parody of the song of Eric Carmen (I didn't know that the author was he but I found out by doing a little research).
So while I found this out I also found that the song by Carmen is the same harmony and melody than the 2nd Piano Concerto by the romantic composer Rachmaninov and I wanted to share this biggrin.gif

Here it is the Eric Carmen song: All by myself

And here it is the Rachmaninov's Concerto played by one of the greatest pianist alive Evgeny Kissin

I hope you enjoy smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 21 2009, 11:29 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, thanks for sharing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Feb 21 2009, 01:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto (especially the second movement) is perhaps the most influential of them all and has inspired and been used in many songs including a few of Frank Sinatra's songs and David Bowie's Life On Mars.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:44 PM