2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How Do You Store Your Guitars?
deeaa
May 28 2013, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
Those sideways multi-guitar stands are great, I use one in the studio.

Wall hangers are fine as well and save space, with just one issue to avoid - I would not hang a very heavy tilt-neck guitar like a Les Paul for years and years, just to be sure there won't be issues with the neck relief and such. Because if you look at it, the mass of the body slightly causes extra backbow when they're hung by the neck. Very little, but it's there...I don't think it's a big issue and certainly will cause no problems with guitars that are played often or are lighter than a full-mahogany paul etc. but if you keep a guitar like that most of the time for a decade...some mahogany necks are surprisingly malleable and it may slowly set to a little different position than when playing. In the
music school there were two 70's LP's that had 'lived' on wall hangers for over 20 years and they both had issues with their neck adjustment/backbow and I'm sure it was from the extended wall hanging.

But all my current guitars I hang by the neck quite happily.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2013, 01:08 AM
GMC:er
How do you guys keep dust off your guitars if/when you keep them out in stands for say a week long session? Each time I leave mine out on the stands they get really dusty it seems despite having 2 HEPA filters running nearly non stop. sad.gif

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 20 2013, 02:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm protective of my guitars I usually leave them in stands but If I know there not gonna get played for longer than a day I keep them in hardcases. I hang couple guitars on the wall to, but only my strats. I have the Hercules wall hangers. I didn't drill into a stud, used anchors and I trust it to hold a guitar for good if I left it, don't hang my lp though just cause I thought it was to heavy. Don't ever worry bout dusting I just give it good clean when I restring.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:27 PM