2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your Countries National Anthem, Here's an Attempt At Mine
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 01:20 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hope this does'nt offend anyone but with the 4th of July around the corner here in the state's, got a little board this evening and decided to take a crack at our national anthem. This is by no means a JH version laugh.gif

Also I recorded a little differently this time. I actually mic'ed up my amp. No effects applied in Reaper, just all mic and amp.The drums are digital and lost me toward the end a bit. Few mistakes here and there and I bumped the mic once as well.. huh.gif .
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&id=8035

I would love to hear other member's national anthem on guitar. Please, post them up in this thread.

Anthems Posted
United States: My take....lol
Argentina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwUFcA5oF4
Serbia : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dxhbSxkSY...feature=related
UK: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zUqTGZIexn4
Brazil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tszlnbeqnMM
Canada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nUW7mw0O4
Czech Rep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbP4rBh3xY...feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 21 2008, 07:33 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Skenny_SPB.mp3 ( 1.18MB ) Number of downloads: 231

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 01:27 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 19 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Hope this does'nt offend anyone but with the 4th of July around the corner here in the state's, got a little board this evening and decided to take a crack at our national anthem. This is by no means a JH version laugh.gif

Also I recorded a little differently this time. I actually mic'ed up my amp. No effects applied in Reaper, just all mic and amp.The drums are digital and lost me toward the end a bit. Few mistakes here and there and I bumped the mic once as well.. huh.gif .

I would love to hear other member's national anthem on guitar. Please, post them up in this thread.

Why would anyone be offended by an old English drinking song?

That is what the tune is. Seriously.

edit: not the only one we stole from them. You know the patriotic song "My Country Tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty.......". Tune is "God Save the Queen".

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 20 2008, 01:31 AM

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 01:41 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 19 2008, 07:27 PM) *
Why would anyone be offended by an old English drinking song?

That is what the tune is. Seriously.

edit: not the only one we stole from them. You know the patriotic song "My Country Tis of Thee, Sweet Land of Liberty.......". Tune is "God Save the Queen".

Just wanted to cover the bases Frank. Had an issue with a previous patriotic thread. And yes, it was there's befor ours. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 19 2008, 07:41 PM) *
Just wanted to cover the bases Frank. Had an issue with a previous patriotic thread. And yes, it was there's befor ours. smile.gif

I'm not crazy about ours. It is pretty mild really, but if I had a choice, this would be my pick

http://youtube.com/watch?v=10w_sEcHlGs

a guy from norway on guitar, this guy is good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=diTTzH4p2UE

here is it punked

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ymx8bHBigek

I can't see where this would not be an improvement.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 20 2008, 02:37 AM

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 02:34 AM
WOW! The guy from Norway was awesome. Great rendition of that song. Thank's!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 20 2008, 02:38 AM
Moderation Policy Director
FKalich, I like this version of your alternate national anthem - a modern take but with a lot of feeling smile.gif

And Skenny, I don't see why anyone would object to you recording your national anthem wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 19 2008, 08:38 PM) *
FKalich, I like this version of your alternate national anthem - a modern take but with a lot of feeling smile.gif

And Skenny, I don't see why anyone would object to you recording your national anthem wink.gif

Well, I am sure that after Obama changes it to what I suggest (after I write him and suggest it), that just like today, you will have people doing doing vocal variations, and people like me will just say "just sing it straight". Nobody tops the Judy Garland style, nobody ever will.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 02:47 AM
Nobody tops the Judy Garland style, nobody ever will.
wink.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 02:51 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 19 2008, 08:47 PM) *
wink.gif

oh btw, like the odd time signature effect. I assume that was intentional. if not, keep working with it, you are on to something.

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 20 2008, 03:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is actually pretty cool, as it happened with The Ramones, Megadeth is one of those bands that have an incredible number of loyal fans in Argentina. Here you have Broderick playing part of our national anthem. I was there, it was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwUFcA5oF4

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 03:45 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 19 2008, 08:51 PM) *
oh btw, like the odd time signature effect. I assume that was intentional. if not, keep working with it, you are on to something.

Thank's FK. Tried to play around with it a bit to give a little different feel. That's where I ran into most of the mistake's. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 20 2008, 04:09 AM
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Jun 19 2008, 09:34 PM) *
This is actually pretty cool, as it happened with The Ramones, Megadeth is one of those bands that have an incredible number of loyal fans in Argentina. Here you have Broderick playing part of our national anthem. I was there, it was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwUFcA5oF4

that was good. Never been to Argentina, but assumed it was a very interesting country.

At some point maybe (If I might suggest skennington) list those national anthems that get posted, you can edit your original top level post. I will make a point of listening to those that get here. This was a good idea.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 05:18 AM
Singing Instructor
Great take on US anthem,heres Serbia(could not find a better video that this one smile.gif )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8dxhbSxkSY...feature=related

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 20 2008, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Ana rulez! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bali
Jun 20 2008, 10:02 AM
OH!

I thought our anthem was 'We are the champions'!!

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 20 2008, 10:07 AM
The Brazilian one always gets me rocking, its so happy biggrin.gif Im not too found of the danish its allright though smile.gif

Sounds like you had fun doing this one Skennington, good job smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 20 2008, 01:02 PM
Moderation Policy Director
OF course, the definitive UK national Anthem was by Dr Brian May smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zUqTGZIexn4

and he was standing on Buckingham Palace when he played it!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 20 2008, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 19 2008, 11:09 PM) *
that was good. Never been to Argentina, but assumed it was a very interesting country.

At some point maybe (If I might suggest skennington) list those national anthems that get posted, you can edit your original top level post. I will make a point of listening to those that get here. This was a good idea.

Good idea man. Done!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 20 2008, 03:01 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 20 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Wow,that looks so cool.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 20 2008, 05:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 20 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Wow this is so epic and amazing ! smile.gif Brian May what else to expect smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:55 PM