3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Avril Lavigne, lets analyse this guitarist
Kevin98497
Dec 24 2007, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
to achieve the avril effect you....
get your rich mummy to buy you a fender tele without even playing it first, just the most expensive one you see on the shelf
dye your hair with stupid colour
cover all the scenary with walls and walls of black cabs that say MARSHALL on
more importantly, you need to remove both of your testicles if you have any to start with and start learning how to whine like a retarded cat

chops:
power chord
hmmm,
power chord?

songs to download now:
...... meow meow meowwwwww!

so there you go ladies and gentlement, the avril lavigne guitarist analysis smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 24 2007, 08:27 PM
Instructor
haha biggrin.gif I don't like her music at all, and it seems to me that you don't like Avril's music aswell! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Dec 24 2007, 08:58 PM
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
Brilliant...

biggrin.gif

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 24 2007, 09:18 PM
Yes.. heres a fun fact.. if you turn her voice down 4 octaves not only does it sound like a man.. it sounds better than her actual voice tongue.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 24 2007, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Dec 24 2007, 09:18 PM) *
Yes.. heres a fun fact.. if you turn her voice down 4 octaves not only does it sound like a man.. it sounds better than her actual voice tongue.gif

1 octave is enough really, although her voice sounds a LOT better at -4 octaves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 24 2007, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 24 2007, 02:57 PM) *
1 octave is enough really, although her voice sounds a LOT better at -4 octaves.

Come one, she has a fabulous natural voice, certainly pretty. However I saw a video of her that, unless I am missing something, made a bully into a hero. Just seemed real mean. Where she spends time in the video mostly beating on some other girl because she wanted her boyfriend. Seemed like a poor role model for kids to me, kids can be mean enough without pop idols glamorizing being a bully.

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 24 2007, 10:11 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 24 2007, 09:57 PM) *

Well, if you make her sing + 10 she will sound definately much better as you can't hear her...poor dogs though laugh.gif

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 24 2007, 10:27 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 24 2007, 10:10 PM) *
Come one, she has a fabulous natural voice, certainly pretty. However I saw a video of her that, unless I am missing something, made a bully into a hero. Just seemed real mean. Where she spends time in the video mostly beating on some other girl because she wanted her boyfriend. Seemed like a poor role model for kids to me, kids can be mean enough without pop idols glamorizing being a bully.

Ok, her voice isn't that bad, it's just the music she "plays".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 24 2007, 10:41 PM
I like her smile.gif Some songs are really good. But I guess you don´t like her voice. That´s fine, people like different things.

Her guitarplaying I know nothing about though, maby you mean her touring guitarists? She didn´t play the guitar live when I saw her. And I bet she doesn´t play them on her records either.

Her singing live was very good. So perfect.. But it didn´t look like she was having fun at all. Sad for both audience in front row and for her if she doesn´t like doing festival shows. A bad day perhaps.. smile.gif

And here´s another not so funny fact. When going to see Avril instead of hanging with my friends that didn´t want to see her I missed Bam Margera. They met him while I was away.. grr.. =) not that it really matters though, could have been fun though to see him ****faced girl. (edited by Kris - language not suitable for GMC)

Does not feel that super power chord feeling to me, like that would be something wrong.. I guess powermetal is screwed then.. xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbynwp9km0g...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONLr-zweXH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW2LTnzD-vE

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 24 2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Her second album has great songs for me and many great vocal ideas and melodies. Besides Josh Frese plays drums in some songs... amazing. I don't think that she is bad.. she is pop and comercial but is it bad?
I know a lot of metal women that really can't sing and are editing albums. blink.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 24 2007, 11:38 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i love some of the melodies in her newest album- some great song writing in there aswell- a great break up album for me at the time aswell smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 24 2007, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I dont dislike her, I`m not about to go out and buy her albums but I`d much rather listen to her when she comes on the radio than a lot of the other rubbish thats around in the UK charts atm

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 24 2007, 11:58 PM
I think she's a talented vocalist, but I cant shake the feeling that she's definitely had some freebies along the way (I also dont think she's a very talented songwriter). I'm also not a big fan of the image she sells to her fans, I think the idea of privilaged folks whining about shallow problems on the microphone is appaling. Which, it isn't just her doing that but still...

She's a great vocalist and a great performer, but I dont respect her as a musician.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 25 2007, 12:07 AM
GMC Founder
Completely agree with Gabriel - whoever writes and records the songs have my total respect! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 25 2007, 12:14 AM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Dec 24 2007, 08:01 PM) *
to achieve the avril effect you....
get your rich mummy to buy you a fender tele without even playing it first, just the most expensive one you see on the shelf
dye your hair with stupid colour
cover all the scenary with walls and walls of black cabs that say MARSHALL on
more importantly, you need to remove both of your testicles if you have any to start with and start learning how to whine like a retarded cat

chops:
power chord
hmmm,
power chord?
songs to download now:
...... meow meow meowwwwww!

so there you go ladies and gentlement, the avril lavigne guitarist analysis smile.gif

Well analyzed.

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 25 2007, 12:34 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 24 2007, 10:10 PM) *

Agree. I never saw that video before, checked it out now. The song Girlfriend.

I would have been so much better if the girlfriend was a bitch and not a "geek".
And a bit more sofisticated then trying to hurt the girlfriend fysically.

However the song doesn´t aply that message as it is which is good. Video sucked.
So not how I picture her/message of her songs in general.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 25 2007, 10:07 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 08:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Hahahah some heavy punishment of Avril here biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I'll keep my opinion for myself but it's in no way positive smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 25 2007, 06:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
I havent really listened to this singer at all, so I will listen before I pass judgement !! She sure is easy on the eye though wub.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
sillyman
Dec 25 2007, 06:58 PM
her old stuff is alot better than the (insert unfriendly word) shes made recently

This post has been edited by sillyman: Dec 25 2007, 06:59 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:49 PM