In Style Of Requests
SDMF75
Jun 5 2007, 05:39 AM
GMC:er
I would love to have a Nuno Bettencourt, George Lynch and Zakk Wylde lesson series. Are there any instructors willing to jump on these?

Brad

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JVM
Jun 5 2007, 05:41 AM
Learning Roadie
I'd really love a J. Mascis lesson...

[edit] by the way here's a dinosaur jr video if you don't know mascis, but there seems to be few videos of them so really the best way to get to know mascis is to listen to their albums! He's great!

OH! And a slide lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 5 2007, 05:57 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 5 2007, 09:14 PM
GMC Founder
Yes, such in the style of lessons would be awesome!

I don't know if you have seen it, but I have done a not-always-so-serious Zakk Wylde style lesson:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=odQb8ylYstg

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 5 2007, 09:15 PM
HAHAHAHA...Kris, your zakk wylde style lesson is awsome,you remind me borat lol tongue.gif
An Andy timmons lesson would be great smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 5 2007, 09:33 PM
hmmm....if i could make specific recomendations based on all the instructors here it would look something like this

Since kris is busy keepin up with the site i wont put one for him but im just brainstorming here.

Gabriel- Michael Romeo ?

Pavel- Rhapsody ohmy.gif Michael angelo batio ?

Sean- idk , you seem pretty good in the metal/neoclassical genre, any artist you like

Walliman- what ever you want. no ideas yet

David O- Man def. id have to say John Mayer style lesson for you. I think it suits your bluesy, country feel, maybe John5 chicken pickin lesson huh.gif ohmy.gif smile.gif , or possibly Keith Urban? Really has some good riffs.

But I think were in Desperate need of a Joe Satriani* lesson.

Regards- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 5 2007, 09:38 PM
GMC Founder
Eat-Sleep-Jam: That's an interesting list - let's see if the instructors agree!

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 5 2007, 10:42 PM
Van Halen, Kirk Hammett......tapping lessons...ive alrdy seen the ones you have kris on youtube...but i mean more advicanced biggrin.gif...or soemthing...idk..just more tpaping lessons biggrin.gif

and i also agree..ANDY TIMMONS....but then again..his big influence is jimi hendrix..so i guess a jimi hendrix...style lesson also..

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 5 2007, 10:44 PM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 5 2007, 11:16 PM
GMC Founder
I can say that we have got a tapping lesson coming up veeery soon... no hints given!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 5 2007, 11:17 PM
FRICKENNN SWEET....

edit: "all day i dream about sex" lol sorry the adidas soccer shirt..got me thinking about that song by korn tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 5 2007, 11:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2007, 11:26 PM
Instructor
Good ideas here!! I will listen again to my old The divine wings of tragedy album!

Kris... I have my suspicions....

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Suib
Jun 6 2007, 12:01 AM
How about something in the style of The Who.... like a more riff oriented kind of lesson.

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 6 2007, 12:19 AM
Hmm I think Kris might fit the part for a Van Halen lesson. Some fat guy on youtube plays Van halen really well in his garage. Ill find a link .

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 6 2007, 12:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 6 2007, 12:26 AM) *
Kris... I have my suspicions....

Why? How can you tell? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 6 2007, 01:07 AM
lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jun 6 2007, 04:28 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 5 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Yes, such in the style of lessons would be awesome!

I don't know if you have seen it, but I have done a not-always-so-serious Zakk Wylde style lesson:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=odQb8ylYstg

Kris

Yeah, I've seen the youtube bit! Hilarious!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 7 2007, 04:45 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think we really should do a Judas Priest in the style of. I think Pavel, Gabriel, David, Or Sean would be able to do a good lesson with some classic Tipton and Downing tricks, Pinch Harmonic Riffs, Tapping, And Sweeps Mixed with string skipping, along with there signature guitar harmonies.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jun 7 2007, 03:56 PM
We reeaallly need a dave mustaine style thrash metal lesson, or something megadethy

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 7 2007, 04:11 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah, A Dave Mustaine lesson would kick some major ass.

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 7 2007, 04:47 PM
We also need a Marty friedman lesson smile.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Amarok
Jun 7 2007, 06:03 PM
A Jimmy Page style lesson would be awesome!

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:42 AM