18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
post Nov 10 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #341

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

I've found over the years that most tone comes from the fingers. My current axes have stock pickups. I did try wads of pickups over the years as trying new gear isi always fun smile.gif Love to hear your brothers work! Share some links!
Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Nov 9 2019, 12:38 AM) *
I gave up on the Hum-Becker! I can spend these money to get a proper recording rig and as for pups, I ordered a pair of Asian PAFs to swap with mine PAFs, mostly out of curiosity because these had reviews putting them in a better place than some 250$ pups. They may be made by the manufacturer who produces them for Duesenberg. I just want a warm sound with clarity and not too much of mids and these seem to just do that. The coils are open, so I'll have a chance to compare these with Wilkinson's boxed pair. It's cheaper to buy directly from the manufacturer but I'll wait a month or two for it to arrive, so this may be a self-gift for Christmas smile.gif

My brother released two albums, sadly in Polish, but they are described as doom neo-folk. I've never heard about such genre but it sounds both interesting and depressing. I can share them here, if you don't mind the language, when I come home from work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Nov 14 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #342

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.329

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 14 2019, 10:53 PM
Post #343

Group Icon

Well fought Soldier! This one is a rough one to be sure. Long stretch, complicated picking, back and forth inside the patterns, it's' all there. This is a full on 100 plus mission.

Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

REACH FOR IT:
This one requires that you use your stretch to maximum effect. You did a great job of this. NICE!

PINKY POWER: Without pinky power, this mission is impossible. You have developed your pinky quite a bit and it's serving you well!

THUMBLESS:
Playing without the thumb on the neck is not something everyone can do. You do it quite well! I've seen it add to your technique and ability. SCORE!!

You earned it on this one Soldier! Nothing easy about any of this. I see you powering through it!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Nov 13 2019, 07:02 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 14 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #344

Group Icon

This is a tricky one to be sure. It's meant to be a finger twister. You are playing it smoothly and at speed which is most impressive. This lick is like a looping puzzle box. Mix one step, it falls apart. You didn't miss a beat. I can tell that you put time in to it. It's well worth it. Being able to learn and play complex licks like this will serve you well on your journey!!

This is quite well played. Impressive work!! As for replaying a quick lick or mission, please feel free! If you have been badged, you won't be rebadged but I will give you feedback on the piece.

QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 5 2018, 12:50 PM) *
Blood, sweat and tears. Well, not exactly but close. After about 2 hours of recording session I did a clean run. At first, I felt my endurance being put to test. Left hand was uncomfortable until I got used to it, much later. I probably should take a break or two and cool down a bit but I had quite a nice streak there. THough, later I started feeling frustrated a bit and started making silly mistakes. The worst were those when my finger slipped at the last two notes, literally.

Nobody said it would be a milk run but that's how it works. Here's mission 10:

PS.
I tried playing a few parts of Stream of Consciousness and there's this main riff where the fingers cover 2 notes across half the fretboard. After a warm-up and a moment of practice, I got it! It's more extreme stretching than Arpeggios From Hell! I can't play this progression smoothly but I can play the separate chords relatively clean! smile.gif

PS2.
I also browsed Quick Licks section and I decided to give it a try when I have a moment. Is it okay if I do each one twice: once just to play it properly and twice in higher tempo after a few months of progress? I think they are only graded once, so I'm asking if you could make an exception in my case?

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 14 2019, 11:40 PM

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 06:45 AM